First MOT

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
My Cupra has been booked in for it's first MOT on Thursday.

Is there anything I should look out for? The tyres are only a couple months old and I have recently fitted new wiper blades.

Is it worth mentioning to the garage to start the engine for the self levelling lights to adjust? I don't want the garage failing for light alignment!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I would think you’ll be fine.

I doubt it’s the first Leon with self levelling headlights that the garage you’re taking it to has MOT’d (assume it’s not s Seat dealership doing the MOT as they would/should know). No harm in mentioning it though.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Most MOT places leave the car running to make sure engine oil is up to temp before the emissions test.

The lights are checked with the engine running.

Deleted member 103408

I am due my second one next month and the First one I just took the car in and it passed (as you would expect) did not tell them anything about the car so its fine

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
My Cupra has been booked in for it's first MOT on Thursday.

Is there anything I should look out for? The tyres are only a couple months old and I have recently fitted new wiper blades.

Is it worth mentioning to the garage to start the engine for the self levelling lights to adjust? I don't want the garage failing for light alignment!

You never got rid then :D

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
You never got rid then :D
Nah Boab! it's now the second car mainly for the Mrs. The amount of value that it's lost made it uneconomical for a decent trade in for me so decided to keep it rather than get new car for her.

I still take it out for blast when I can as it's usually driven like a shopping car most times!

How is your mad family mobile going?

Boab

Knows nothing about cars!
Mar 22, 2017
Edinburgh
Nah Boab! it's now the second car mainly for the Mrs. The amount of value that it's lost made it uneconomical for a decent trade in for me so decided to keep it rather than get new car for her.

I still take it out for blast when I can as it's usually driven like a shopping car most times!

How is your mad family mobile going?

Still loving it. Got centre res deleted so it now sounds a bit nicer. Got a MD splitter that I may or may not fit. Hoping to get its breathing sorted this year then getting it mapped. How's the Merc?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Still loving it. Got centre res deleted so it now sounds a bit nicer. Got a MD splitter that I may or may not fit. Hoping to get its breathing sorted this year then getting it mapped. How's the Merc?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nice one, we'll need to catch up once it's sorted. I would love to see the remapped Cupra in anger!

The Merc is alright, mad as box of frogs but can be a hard shift on long journeys. The Cupra has it licked for usability!

Last edited:

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
I would think you’ll be fine.

I doubt it’s the first Leon with self levelling headlights that the garage you’re taking it to has MOT’d (assume it’s not s Seat dealership doing the MOT as they would/should know). No harm in mentioning it though.
I'll mention it to them as I'm taking it to an independent garage.

My usual dealer has not long moved premises and don't have the MOT bay ready the moment.

On the upside I found a voucher for a £20 MOT!

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
Just an update, the car passed with no advisories. At £20 this was the cheapest MOT I've ever done!

As a treat I gave the car a proper 2 bucket wash and wax!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise