Ambient Lighting

Dabhad

Oct 27, 2015
brilliant will try this in morning thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hutchy14

Dec 30, 2013
Slightly off topic but I really wish you could have a colour selector in the menus for different colours for the light strips

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
I remember seeing a video of them in a pink colour so I think there are white LEDs and red LEDs in there.... though I would like to have seen a different colour for Eco mode

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
I think you can change the colour in the Drive Mode - well, you can in Individual. White is ECO mode, red for Sport and Normal I think. Only a choice of white and red - as standard.

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Mine are rather dim, even when on 100% brightness. Mine also seems to have a habit of resetting to 60%. I did call Seat UK as the stealers were useless and didn't resolve anything. My FR is a 13 reg, Seat claim that the newer models now have LEDS for the door lighting, apparently mine doesn't hence why they don't appear to be as bright.

Can anyone confirm this?

My model year 14 were much dimmer than my MY16. So its possibly true.

inbetweener

Jan 19, 2016
Remove door panel and make sure both sides that go to the light strip are connected properly

Lentäjä

Jan 19, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
My model year 14 were much dimmer than my MY16. So its possibly true.

I really would like them to be brighter, now set to 100% and you can barely see the white stripes...
Red glows a bit brighter, but still not bright enough...
I wonder is it coding thing via vcds or do MY16 really have different led stripes.

inbetweener

Jan 19, 2016
If one side is brighter than the other it's nothing to do with car settings, trust me, take the door panel off, 2x T25 screws and clips hold it on. Each light strip is lit from both ends of it, it's basically a fibre optic strip with only two bulbs/ led's. One at each end. if it's duller at one end as your picture shows then one of the lights will be disconnected or the connector will be disconnected.
It's an easy fix, just be careful removing the door panel as if you strain the wires too much it will pull the bottom of the door window switch out and you'll need to take the door panel apart to fix the switch.

Last edited:

timmymagic

Jul 28, 2016
Hi folks.

New member here, google took me to this thread. I have a MY16 LEON ST FR picked up in Feb this year, and the LED door lights were very bright in both red and white from new.

You can guess what's coming next - about a month ago I noticed they didn't seem to be coming on.... and yep, they're now incredibly dim even set to full brightness in the settings.

Both sides identical brightness and can be controlled by the dimmer slider on screen from off to dim at 100%. Red and White both have the issue.

Mildly annoying. So surely this rules out a hardware issue of loose/burnt out LED drivers/bulbs on both sides simultaneously...?

yxcvbnm

Sep 8, 2017
Anyone knows part number of this LED strips for facelift Seat Leon?
I would like to install in back doors aswell.

donovan2123

Jan 14, 2007
Oxford
Hi folks.

New member here, google took me to this thread. I have a MY16 LEON ST FR picked up in Feb this year, and the LED door lights were very bright in both red and white from new.

You can guess what's coming next - about a month ago I noticed they didn't seem to be coming on.... and yep, they're now incredibly dim even set to full brightness in the settings.

Both sides identical brightness and can be controlled by the dimmer slider on screen from off to dim at 100%. Red and White both have the issue.

Mildly annoying. So surely this rules out a hardware issue of loose/burnt out LED drivers/bulbs on both sides simultaneously...?
Did you resolve this issue? I have a similar problem the dimmer does not seem to do much and basically goes from off to on and no difference I can see at different %

minu94

Nov 4, 2019
Any news regarding this? These days I will take off the door cards in order to check the LED lights at the ends of the strip.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise