PD 150 ARL not starting?

Ryan_98

Leon Mk1 enthusiast
May 24, 2016
Hello all i was wondering if anyone can give some guidance to my problem. i have had my tdi cupra for about a year now not on the road has only been started and driven in and out of the workshop when needed. however the other day when i was about to bring it in i turned ignition on waited for glow plug light to go out then started cranking it fired then immediately stopped, i went to try start it again but just keeps turning over almost tries to fire but never does and glow plug light is repeatedly flashing. the faults that come up are:

Powertrain data bus software version monitoring intermittent p1855
coolant fan control 1 open or short to ground intermittent p1672
charge pressure control positive deviation intermittent p1557
engine rpm sensor g28 not plausible signal p0321

the battery is not very good and has been on and off charge every so often 'as someone mentioned this may have spiked the ecu'?
i have changed the crank position sensor thinking that would be it for rpm sensor, does it need resetting through obd before it will work again or is there another problem?

any help would be greatly appreciated as need to have it running again and to top it off it has now started leaking oil into the exhaust so need to put a new turbo on it too which is annoying as it has barely been used :( thanks in advance

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Clear the codes, crank it over and see what comes back. Check using a diagnostics that you are getting an RPM reading whilst cranking as it simply wont fire up without the crank sensor giving a good reading. If you have replaced the sensor, check the wiring to the ECU for continuity