Egr delete with vag com..

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yes definitely, take the intake manifold off and also, turn the engine to close the valves for each cylinder and with something to scrape get the crud out on the ports. You can use a modified hoover attachment or compressed air to clear the stuff out.

If it's just a bit greasy I wouldn't bother but if they are pretty bad then I would clean them too.

All you need to do is pop off the rocker cover then turn the engine so that the lobes point up for each cylinder in turn and do them one at a time.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It should be fairly easy to take off but it depends on how good/bad the bolts are. There's two below the egr for the flexi pipe, three to connect it to the intake mani and six hold the intake mani on.
Get an allen key on each one of the egr ones first and make sure they can come loose before trying to take any right out. If you come across a tricky one get it out first before taking the rest out, that way if you can't get it out at least the car's not left sitting in bits lol.
Do the same with the intake mani.

Some you wont really be able to see but you should be able to feel your way around, just make sure the allen key is fully home before trying to turn and you'll maybe need to use a ring spanner or something for extra leverage.

subzdarg2015

SEAT RETROFIT ENTHUSIAST
Jun 9, 2015
Birmingham
Egr van be mapped out on 55plate audi a3s without a doubt lol had about 7 done now no egr at all an no lights witch eva mapper told u the egr cant be mapped out must be a generic mapper who has no.clue as ive had 7 to 8 done an some in 2011 so defo not a new thing available

Rosskie

Apr 20, 2013
Resurrecting...

Tried to turn down my EGR with VCDS, went into engine, put in the secure login, but channel 10 adaptation wasn't an option. Just occurred to me, maybe the engine needed to be running??

That was on a 60 plate mk2 CR170.

I then tried on our other leon out of interest, 15 plate mk3 1.4tdi ST, put in the secure login, and adaptation channel 10 was there, thing like idle speed were listed but nothing about the EGR. There were no clear channel numbers such as the required channel 3. Also the stored values for idle speed was 780 I think, which isn't the expected format according to the VCDS wiki...

Using genuine cable and most up to date VCDS.

Anyone turned their EGR down on an mk2 CR170 with vcds able to advise? Not fussed about the other leon, yet...

cheers

Last edited:

Jay1601

Feb 23, 2018
Bumping old thread how do you go about turning the EGR down on the CR140 engine

Reactions: Arm
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.