Wiper Blade advice please for Leon mk3

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Hi. I remember there has been a post about wiper blades previously, and that some are better than others. Was it Bosch better than OEM? Can someone advise what wiper blades they recommend for the mk3 Leon (2015) as mine have been deteriorating for a while and have finally split in this freezing weather.

If possible, part numbers to order would help.

Also , are they all easy to fit and instructions if possible please. I need front and rear.

Thanks for any advice

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi. I remember there has been a post about wiper blades previously, and that some are better than others. Was it Bosch better than OEM? Can someone advise what wiper blades they recommend for the mk3 Leon (2015) as mine have been deteriorating for a while and have finally split in this freezing weather.

If possible, part numbers to order would help.

Also , are they all easy to fit and instructions if possible please. I need front and rear.

Thanks for any advice

Bosch A350S twin pack for the front ( 26 & 16 )
https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/seat-leon-years-2013-to-2018-wiper-blades/

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Bosch are great blades but I believe this set has the long one which is 1" shorter than oem. Valeo is the correct length. Eurocarparts has 50% off atm

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Bosch are great blades but I believe this set has the long one which is 1" shorter than oem. Valeo is the correct length. Eurocarparts has 50% off atm

The twin set that Eurocarparts sell is wrong - it has a 24 & 16 in it.

The A350S set is the correct one with a 26 and a 16 in it.

Reactions: ben4012

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh

Indeed they do, there's a few threads on wipers, I boiled it down to the Valeo 485440015 (cos it's the correct length) for the fronts and Bosch 485774920 for the back. I've had the Bosch on the back for a year, still silent (factory never was).

So, both of them just bought from Eurocarparts with FEB70 50% discount = £20.49 with free delivery.

EDIT: looks like there's only 14 hours left on the 50% discount...

Last edited:

Cuprobbie

May 4, 2016
Hamilton
Bosch (from Halfords) for the front blades and Halfords own brand for the rear.

Really pleased with all so far and delighted with rear which is much better than factory fitted rubbish.

wolfie150

Oct 8, 2009
Birmingham
Just got front and rear from carpartsforless using discount code WIPER18 for under £20 delivered. Valeo Silencio - 26/16 front and 13" rear.

Last edited:

Wilson9

Oct 12, 2010
Valeo VM844 from carparts4less or eurocarparts. The other valeo pack VM375 are too short learned the hard way and had to order again after fitting.

Oceansplasher

Mar 1, 2016
Thanks to all of the responders. I went with Deano's recommendation and ordered the Bosch. Cheers to all. :)

ZK_FR150

Apr 16, 2016
I'd go with the Bosch too, got mine when I bought the car and just replaced them again 2 years later.

Just a note on euro car parts and their mick taking discounts I'm sure these wipers were only like £20 odd quid original price a couple of years back but now they have a never ending discount codes like a DFS sale.
So some weeks its 30/40/50% seems like your getting a bargain but your just paying £20+ anyway after discount as they have bumped the original price up.
They've done the same with 4ltr castrol oil too, I'm sure 5-30 was between £25-35 but now it's like nearly £50

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I'd go with the Bosch too, got mine when I bought the car and just replaced them again 2 years later.

Just a note on euro car parts and their mick taking discounts I'm sure these wipers were only like £20 odd quid original price a couple of years back but now they have a never ending discount codes like a DFS sale.
So some weeks its 30/40/50% seems like your getting a bargain but your just paying £20+ anyway after discount as they have bumped the original price up.
They've done the same with 4ltr castrol oil too, I'm sure 5-30 was between £25-35 but now it's like nearly £50

Yeah it's pretty shambolic; they seem to raise the price in turn with the promotion.
Carparts4less do the same thing but their prices are cheaper so run a lower discount (circa 15% off). They both seem to be the same company but even after discounts carparts4less always seem to work out cheaper.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
I believe so, i always run the items I want through both websites with their discounts and 9 times out of 10 carparts4less is cheaper. Call it a hack or scam - they're the cheaper ones

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.