Options affecting Leon lead times

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Arrived at the dealer.... Car has the standard 17s on it and not the optional 18s we ordered...
6635c7dc0a6821ea3ec2fa7c287b1417.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Glad yours has arrived mate. Sorry to hear about the rims.

What has the dealership said? How long would it take them to get your chosen rims delivered and swapped over?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018
Arrived at the dealer.... Car has the standard 17s on it and not the optional 18s we ordered...
6635c7dc0a6821ea3ec2fa7c287b1417.jpg

Which dealer is that? Did you get to keep the cover?! It seems SEAT are struggling to deliver accurate options to a few recent orders, think I will email my dealer to double check mine. Hope its an easy solution to get your correct alloys.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
The Desire Red looks great.

I was given a SEAT cover like this when i got my Mk2 Really good quality and lovely and soft. Think you can buy them for about £150 from memory.

Zippy

Jul 4, 2017
Apparently they can't do the wheels after on Motability. Not 100% fussed, just a little disappointed. Cars gorgeous mind

Ben, I'd suggest letting Motability know about the wheels so when you need tyres they don't question why your having the wrong size fitted!

Also when you hand the car back they know that you've not swopped the wheels.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Plan to ring them tomorrow about the wheels. Was the first thing I noticed when we walked into the showroom. Options were order a new car and wait or take it as it is. We werent going through the order process again

Our sales exec hadn't even noticed as it wasn't him who placed the order (sales manager does all the ordering). He was very apologetic, the sales manager didn't even say sorry

Turns out that although at the time of ordering the 30/3 wheels were part of the deal with seat motability, she assumed that the wheels would come on the car and therefore didn't add them in the options part. I haven't physically paid anything for them so it's not like I'm at a loss.... Just slightly disappointed.

The desire red is absolutely gorgeous. It's seriously nice

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
Which dealer is this? Looks like mine (Hatfield) where they also screwed up my order (wrong engine), but I guess a lot of the showrooms look identical.

Last edited:

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
Plan to ring them tomorrow about the wheels. Was the first thing I noticed when we walked into the showroom. Options were order a new car and wait or take it as it is. We werent going through the order process again

If we destroy four alloys on the road the dealer isn't going to order a band new car! Get the dealer to get some ordered if you want them.

Philh46

Dec 24, 2017
Sheffield
The red does look well :)
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

That desire red looks great!

I ordered that originally but the change my mind foolishly after seeing lots of old red vauxhall astra on the road. I new in my mind it was a different red but with so few about to look at ended up not going for it.

You made a good choice Ben :)

Last edited:

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I swear if I get to Ashford tomorrow and somethings missing from my car I will lie on the dealership floor and cry

At least I know they have the right colour and engine from the DVLA online check thing

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
I swear if I get to Ashford tomorrow and somethings missing from my car I will lie on the dealership floor and cry

At least I know they have the right colour and engine from the DVLA online check thing

I would double check your train times as I know they have cancelled some today. My 14:21 today is still scheduled luckily. One of the lads I am travelling with works in East Midlands train control room so I have insider knowledge.

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
Same dealer.

When did you pick yours up?

I didn't. I spotted the mistake on the registration document when they e-mailed it to me and am now waiting for a new order.

They seem to have an issue with order accuracy. I would have thought it would make sense with such a major purchase to have a policy where someone reviews the order immediately after it's placed (e.g. the salesperson to review if the manager has placed the order).

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
Who was it you saw there? Ours wasn't the sales assistants fault, it was the sales/dealer manager who placed our order. To start with I was on the verge of rejecting it but with my knee and my partners health (she's the motability claimant) we just aren't in a position to go through all the agro over wheels.

Pdog

Jan 22, 2004
Bexhill, E.Sussex
Visit site
I am meant to be picking up my car tomorrow (ordered the end of October 2017). Just got a phone call from my dealer, the sales guy needed to re-run the figures due to the value of the car and the amount owed.

However I have been informed the campaign has been corrupted on the system and he is unable to re-calculate the finance until it has been resolved.

It's a country wide issue apparently and has been going on for a couple of days now. If it is not fixed it is unlikely I will be able to collect the car tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
All these wrong orders and issues like Pdog is having are really frustrating to read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
Who was it you saw there? Ours wasn't the sales assistants fault, it was the sales/dealer manager who placed our order. To start with I was on the verge of rejecting it but with my knee and my partners health (she's the motability claimant) we just aren't in a position to go through all the agro over wheels.

My salesperson is Andrew Hobbs. Whoever does the order, I think it makes sense to have someone else check it. We are all human and mistakes will always happen, but maybe there are things they could do to minimise them. With my new order I think I'll get the order number as early as possible and check it myself with Seat UK.

I think I would have done the same as you in your position. For me it was a completely different (lower powered) engine and I don't need the car urgently so would rather have a longer wait than make that compromise.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.