Digital Dash

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
This. Also a little disappointed that auto only seems to work if it's connected with USB.
It's the same on every car at the moment. I believe a wireless version of Android Auto is coming in the future, but don't think there's been any word on whether that would require separate hardware / something internal to the car.

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
That's more of a Google thing as they haven't released it yet, although it's capable.

You'd also need to spec with a head unit capable of WIFI, like the Navigation High.

It was mentioned on here that that maybe standard from the summer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ah, got you. I'd assumed it worked off of Bluetooth.

CDiver

Feb 2, 2018
Yeah I made the same mistake with Alexa.

It'd need a WiFi connection. Bluetooth wouldn't have the bandwidth.

Ah well, guess I'll just have to plug my phone in like some kind of medieval serf then.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah I made the same mistake with Alexa.

It'd need a WiFi connection. Bluetooth wouldn't have the bandwidth.

USB might have enough bandwidth as Android Auto is same principle

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Good find. Seems to confirm other comments that to have map on both digi cockpit And infotainment that you need nav high unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, the Nav high upgrade seemingly gives more functionality than originally advertised with regards to DC. Of the few YouTube demo's you could see the Nav high unit in play.

It also enables Alexa.

At least the DC upgrade was free.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
There's a clip on the #Cupra 300 Instagram page.
This is on a Nav high unit ,which also offers video playback.

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/cupra300/
50d46d4c555ae00275a2cdfdafe6c26f.jpg
ad8e0acf25a58bd731fb3476e344620f.jpg

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
Good find. Seems to confirm other comments that to have map on both digi cockpit And infotainment that you need nav high unit.

If this is true its a bit annoying - a month or so ago i called both the dealer and SEAT CS and both confirmed to me that there is no difference in functionality of the DC with either the standard Nav or the Nav High system. I know that you cant get 3rd party maps on the DC but i was hoping that you could still get the Seat map on the DC without having to opt for Nav High (which i havent).

Does anyone know this for certain or can explain if im getting a bit confused please!?

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
If this is true its a bit annoying - a month or so ago i called both the dealer and SEAT CS and both confirmed to me that there is no difference in functionality of the DC with either the standard Nav or the Nav High system. I know that you cant get 3rd party maps on the DC but i was hoping that you could still get the Seat map on the DC without having to opt for Nav High (which i havent).

Does anyone know this for certain or can explain if im getting a bit confused please!?

For anything UK at least you will get ability to send Nav to the DC.

The additional functionality I was referring to was the ability to display nav on both DC and infotainment simultaneously.That's what I've been querying from the start.

On some of the other models in the group it required the highest spec Infotainment system too.

With regards to CS they were also telling customers that Alexa was on all cars too, which also relies on Nav high.

Hope this helps.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
For anything UK at least you will get ability to send Nav to the DC.

The additional functionality I was referring to was the ability to display nav on both DC and infotainment simultaneously.That's what I've been querying from the start.

On some of the other models in the group it required the highest spec Infotainment system too.

With regards to CS they were also telling customers that Alexa was on all cars too, which also relies on Nav high.

Hope this helps.

That’s exactly my understanding. There are videos showing dc with nav high and with std nav which demonstrate how this works.

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
OK thanks. Just spoke to the dealer about 5 mins ago and he said that he had a cupra delivered yesterday with DC but not Nav high and you could still put the map on the DC. Didnt ask whether this was simultaneous with the media screen though.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
My dealer kindly shared a video with me today of their first showroom car with the digital cockpit (ironically it was on an FR)

It looked the same as the Cupra version - just without the flag on the dials.

He ran a quick demo of the unit and went through a number of the main menus options (Inc Nav)

Once he had finished demoing the digital cockpit he demoed the infotainment system.

When he went to the Navigation on the infotainment system the map was greyed out as it was still being displayed on the DC. He had to use the onscreen button to bring it back to the infotainment screen.

So I don't believe there is any doubt now.

Tbh though I'm probably going to end up using either Google maps or waze on the infotainment unit anyway...

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
My dealer kindly shared a video with me today of their first showroom car with the digital cockpit (ironically it was on an FR)

It looked the same as the Cupra version - just without the flag on the dials.

He ran a quick demo of the unit and went through a number of the main menus options (Inc Nav)

Once he had finished demoing the digital cockpit he demoed the infotainment system.

When he went to the Navigation on the infotainment system the map was greyed out as it was still being displayed on the DC. He had to use the onscreen button to bring it back to the infotainment screen.

So I don't believe there is any doubt now.

Tbh though I'm probably going to end up using either Google maps or waze on the infotainment unit anyway...

Ah well, that's what we thought anyway. Doesn't sound as though it will (ever) be possible to display Google or waze maps on the DC. So, no (dis)advantage from that perspective.

gshaw

Jun 14, 2014
Essex
That's more of a Google thing as they haven't released it yet, although it's capable.

You'd also need to spec with a head unit capable of WIFI, like the Navigation High.

Thing is unless you got wireless charging you'll have a dead phone by end of the journey if it's not plugged into USB power :blink:

Last edited:

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

It was reported that Alexa is delayed and this needs nav high or the updated infotainment. Not sure on the reason for delay and whether still on track for summer for upgraded units with WLAN.

Brandon

May 7, 2017
Wiltshire
with 5 options to choose from. Just read this thread and Android Auto does not work in the centre of the cockpit but only on the main 8 inch touchscreen...or at least I can't make it work but maybe because I don't have the High Nav system.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.