Would dpf show on Bluetooth OBD?

Mhug

Jan 24, 2018
Bolton
As title suggests? I have tried the torque scan but it doesn't seem to find the dpf info.

Could this mean mine has been deleted/mapped out or does the torque pro app not pick this data up?

I can see the PID is there but it doesn't pick it up at all.

TIA

Last edited:

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Nah I’ve tried to find mine, even using “DPF PRO” I think the app was called but only certain cars show the DPF status with these cheap readers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mhug

Jan 24, 2018
Bolton
Nice one thanks, I've not had the car long and don't know if it has previously been deleted. How would I tell? Like I've not noticed a regen and have done about 2000 miles in a month

ray

Jan 7, 2016
When it regens you’ll notice that the car will ask you to be in lower gears than usual, normal driving it very rarely asks me to change down.

If your under the car at all look to see if the DPF filter is still there or a straight through pipe, if it is have a check for any welding, or feel about the under side for any welds.

Mines is still on, running a stage 1 happily for over a year now.

Last edited:

Mhug

Jan 24, 2018
Bolton
Cheers Ray, I'll have a goosey when it's not either freezing cold or blowing a gale! British weather :/

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Pay for one of those AA or Kwik fit checks for when you decide you want to buy, or have the cheek to jack it up in front of the seller and get stuck in.... or ask?

Wouldn’t have bothered me either way when buying mine.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
I monitor my DPF with VAG DPF app on my android phone with my Carista adaptor - works fine and shows % full when it's doing regen etc etc.

There's a free version you can get to see if it works with your engine/adaptor.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ray

Jan 7, 2016
What model is yours Neo? Mine is a Bluetooth module works fine with everything else diagnostic etc but wouldn’t work with Vag DPF.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
What model is yours Neo? Mine is a Bluetooth module works fine with everything else diagnostic etc but wouldn’t work with Vag DPF.

I've got this...

Carista Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter and App: Diagnose, Customize and Service your Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mini, Scion, Toyota, VW, Seat or Skoda with dealer level technology https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_itdNAbFYKHCPM

Bought mainly to do the customisation (needs paid app also for that) but works fine with VAG DPF and torque pro also... Never had any issues.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks :) will have more functionality than mine as it isn’t made for customising just reading. Might invest in one just to check the DPF.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
Is that a rhetorical question?

No?

It's quite common for them to be deleted or hollowed out, which is now an MOT fail.
Obviously thats big bucks to sort out come MOT time.

Is it easy to check if the DPF is still ok when going to look at a Leon for sale?
Can you see it from under the bonnet? Is it only visible from underneath on a ramp?

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
No?

It's quite common for them to be deleted or hollowed out, which is now an MOT fail.
Obviously thats big bucks to sort out come MOT time.

Is it easy to check if the DPF is still ok when going to look at a Leon for sale?
Can you see it from under the bonnet? Is it only visible from underneath on a ramp?

It's not easy to check as far as I'm aware - which is the whole idea as most people don't want to get caught running with no DPF.

The MOT is a visual check only so people remove the DPF, cut it on the top where you won't see if, gut it, weld it back up and stick it back on the car so it looks like it was never removed.

Sure there's other ways to check possibly by OBD or something but not sure, not something I've ever looked into.

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
I've seen em done a few ways, IMO the more sloppy ones will get caught come MOT time.

dpfweld.jpg

I guess if it's not easy to check yourself you've gotta take the sellers word for it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.