1.6 Leon Sport Dash Lights

rolphy

Jul 5, 2016
Hi

I'm having a few issues with my 07 leon 1.6 sport, the secondary air pump unit was disconnected so not knowing what It was a few days ago I plugged it back in, but that caused an issue as when the engine was stopped the pump was still running? ive been told to check the relay but cant find its location, does anyone know?

this also caused another issue, due to it staying on even when the car was off it flattened the battery, ive since sorted that but now the power steering yellow light is on? any ideas why?

Paulki

Jul 12, 2006
Enfield
The steering probably needs to be recalibrated, I believe you do this by turning the steering all the way from one lock to the other. I'm not sure what you mean by 'air pump', I assume you mean the fans, if the engine is hot the fan will sometimes keep running for a short time after the ignition is turned off, that's normal.

rolphy

Jul 5, 2016
hi

its called the secondary air pump when I looked it up online, its on the front of the engine, I think looking it up its something to do with emissions, I think I read it blows warm air on the exhaust on cold start ups or something? but its stuck on ive had to unplug it as it keeps draining the battery but that's thrown on the engine management light :cry:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members