Advise on 1.4TSI 125PS

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
Hi Guys,

Looking at getting a lease on a Leon FR 1.4TSI 125PS. Just wanted to check what people thought of the engine as I've always had diesels. Just looking to use the car to drive 20mins to and from work, with a motorway journey now and then.

Regards
Oliver knights

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
I've got a 2015 1.4 TSI 125 Leon SC. It's a decent engine, with reasonable performance, I regularly get 50 MPG on motorway trips.

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
Is there a reason you're not looking at the Ecotsi 150bhp? its more powerful & more economical according to figures and less emissions?

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
A combination of cost per month and insurance. Also this is our 2nd car, we already have a Leon ST FR 2.0TDI.

Vunky

Mar 7, 2018
Do you take the new Leon with or without DCC? What do you have currently?

SpeedBlade

May 13, 2017
I've got the 2017 FR 1.4TSI 150. Brilliant car still going strong after 22,000 miles. I'm getting about 50mpg on the motorway.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Hi - I've just taken delivery of a 1.4FR TSI 125 version, I can honestly say I am pleasantly surprised with the performance and how it drives. This is a replacement for my wife's aging Altea Tdi so the step up in terms of toys, ride and handling is massive. Economy wise I took it for a run last night and managed just under 60mpg, the Altea diesel didn't ever do that much. I had a Cupra 280 not so long ago, and whilst this obviously isn't as fast, the handling is very similar and this little FR is zippy and goes around corners like it's on rails still...

Diesel v's petrol is mileage dependent, these days petrol's can out perform diesel so you need to be doing many thousands of miles a year for it to work out cost wise.

You also need to weigh up the cost and how long you'll keep the car to decide if the 150 is worth the extra over the 125. Whilst the 150 is probably the one to go for in terms of features , power etc, add up over your term on the lease how much extra you'd pay overall and make your decision. I had a quick look earlier on a lease site and the 150 was around £45 a month more than the 125, on a 3-year lease you'd pay an extra £1620 overall which is always nice to have in your bank.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, both petrol's will be good performers and very economical. If it's just a lease that you'll hand back for someone else to buy and enjoy later in a couple of years, I'd go for the cheaper option and be sparse on the options if any. If you were intending on buying and keeping it I'd go for the 150 and load it with toys!

Jenks9

Jun 2, 2014
South wales
I had the 1.4 125bhp for around two and half years and had a 40 mile a day journey to work,mixed of city and motorway driving and i was getting 50 mpg without fail . Found it a real good engine tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedBlade

May 13, 2017
what speeds are your motorway journies? more 60-70mph or more 70-80 mph?

Normally I set cruise control to 75mph. I do try not to go over but obviously sometimes it can't be helped. :)

That is on a 52mile commute, about 6 miles is not the motorway.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
A combination of cost per month and insurance. Also this is our 2nd car, we already have a Leon ST FR 2.0TDI.

Hi,
if you need any help with insurance at all for any model you're looking at then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've had my 1.4TSI 125PS Leon FR Technology SC for 5 days now and the engine IMO is great. Unless you want to be one of them idiots who flies about everywhere it has more than enough performance to be a quick car, great fuel economy and low insurance. Why wouldn't you?

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
I've had my 1.4TSI 125PS Leon FR Technology SC for 5 days now and the engine IMO is great. Unless you want to be one of them idiots who flies about everywhere it has more than enough performance to be a quick car, great fuel economy and low insurance. Why wouldn't you?

You will be pleased to know that i have since ordered one. Did you buy the car new? If so, when did you order it?

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
You will be pleased to know that i have since ordered one. Did you buy the car new? If so, when did you order it?

Great news! It was brand new (10 delivery miles) but pre-registered so I didn't have to wait for it. I went into Arnold Clark on a Sunday and picked it up on the Wednesday. I also very lucky that they had one in the exact spec I wanted, Mystery Blue, 18" Performance Alloys, Winter Pack.

olie93

Jun 7, 2014
Whittlesey
Great news! It was brand new (10 delivery miles) but pre-registered so I didn't have to wait for it. I went into Arnold Clark on a Sunday and picked it up on the Wednesday. I also very lucky that they had one in the exact spec I wanted, Mystery Blue, 18" Performance Alloys, Winter Pack.

Sounds Good! Unfortunately mine is a factory order. Ordered mid march. Currently being quoted mid July delivery, but will the lead times increasing this week i think there is a slim chance that it will be ready then.

davidstarkey11

Jun 7, 2015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Wow, some wait that mind! I'd be expecting a parade upon arrival for waiting that long! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I upgraded from a 1.2TSI 105PS Ibiza FR. I used to think that was a great car until I got the Leon. It's just on another level, so nice to drive and you can just through it round corners. I love how solid it feels and it's a much nicer place inside.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.