Disabling auto locking

cg82lee@gmail.

cg82lee
Feb 17, 2015
Hi all

How do I disable the auto lock when you drive off in a Cupra Leon 2004 mk1 , it works fine when locking as I hit 15mph
But when I stop and turn off ignition and remove key , the car doesn’t unlock ? I have to either pull the door lever twice to exit , or press the door release button on the drivers door to unlock them all

Any ideas ? Or should I just get dealer to disable the feature ?

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi
You say you have to pull the leaver twice to open the door, so whats wrong with that ?
The idea of the locking is called anti hijacking so keeping it as it is might just save your
life one day
You already have to pull to open the door so whats wrong with the 2nd pull !

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Must be possible because mine doesn't do that self locking crap. Having to pull that Handel twice would be very annoying imo.
Other thing I noticed on mine is I don't get a warning for no seatbelt on. Which again is fine by me.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Must be possible because mine doesn't do that self locking crap. Having to pull that Handel twice would be very annoying imo.
Other thing I noticed on mine is I don't get a warning for no seatbelt on. Which again is fine by me.

You could be right but my old VRS did that and I got used to it and was easy to unlock the passenger doors with just one gentle pul
but with the Leon I have now I don't have that feature but have to press the button the door
to unlock the passenger doors, but just pull the leaver on the drivers door once to open it

I must admit there is some setting in the set up on the radio but not sure what

Steve

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
I think you can change the settings with VCDS. It was on my to do list after acquiring a full version of VCDS Lite when sorting my TDI fuel pump timing.

But haven't got around to trying, had the car 12 years so don't really notice it that much these days.

cg82lee@gmail.

cg82lee
Feb 17, 2015
I think you can change the settings with VCDS. It was on my to do list after acquiring a full version of VCDS Lite when sorting my TDI fuel pump timing.

But haven't got around to trying, had the car 12 years so don't really notice it that much these days.

Keep me posted lol , it’s really annoying me ha ha !!!!!!

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
To all...do you have seatbelt warning light or sound or like me no light and no sound. I'm not sure if the Leon has a light or sound tbh. Also...if I unlock the car but don't open the doors...after 39 sec it locks...is that normal? Anyone else think climacontrol is hard job to retro fit the old style knobs set up?

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Its not working right.
If you stop and the engine is still running, yes it should be two tugs on the door lever to open, but if you stop, turn the engine off, and take the key out, it should unlock all the doors so that it only takes one tug at the door lever to open the door

And yes, if you unlock the car but don't open the doors, it will lock itself again

Last edited:

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
To all...do you have seatbelt warning light or sound or like me no light and no sound. I'm not sure if the Leon has a light or sound tbh. Also...if I unlock the car but don't open the doors...after 39 sec it locks...is that normal? Anyone else think climacontrol is hard job to retro fit the old style knobs set up?

I don't have a seat belt warning light/sound. Never did on my 04 Leon either so I assumed they didn't have them on this type of car. It's normal for car to lock itself, anti-theft mechanism.

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Its not working right.
If you stop and the engine is still running, yes it should be two tugs on the door lever to open, but if you stop, turn the engine off, and take the key out, it should unlock all the doors so that it only takes one tug at the door lever to open the door

And yes, if you unlock the car but don't open the doors, it will lock itself again

Same here!
And no seat belt warning also.
The auto lock can be enable or disable with VCDS. My car had it OFF and the dealer put it ON.

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
When You turn the car off and pull the ignition key out, the barrel should send a signal and unlock all the doors and the boot. If the car is running you can press the unlock button on the drivers door panel to unlock all the doors and boot. Sounds like your ignition or locks aren't communicating properly.

cg82lee@gmail.

cg82lee
Feb 17, 2015
When You turn the car off and pull the ignition key out, the barrel should send a signal and unlock all the doors and the boot. If the car is running you can press the unlock button on the drivers door panel to unlock all the doors and boot. Sounds like your ignition or locks aren't communicating properly.

That’s exactly what I thought should be happening , how do I fix ?