Part exchanged now service is due, what to do

silles

May 4, 2017
I ordered a Cupra which is going to be build soon, like in a week, expecting an early May pickup. My FR is going back with a fixed price part exchange ...

so the dilemma is ...
The oil service is due in like 40 days (car done 7k since last service) which is around the pickup day, but probably earlier

... not sure if have to do it or not . would that affect the part exchange. I don't want to service it and give it back like the next day/week.

any advice ?

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Turn the service light off when it appears and hand it back to the dealer, they can sort it themselves.

Deleted member 103408

Get it serviced, I am sure that your PE Agreement expects the car to have been fully serviced.

You are not picking the car up for another month and a half so do the nice thing and get it serviced.

Just remember another member on this site might be buying this car

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Talk to the dealer!
They will need to prep the car anyway if they are going to resell it and it could be months before that happens, during which time it'll probably just be sat on the forecourt.

They may not do anything other than to thank you for your honesty, and the service costs to them is relative peanuts compared to whatever margin they may make when it sells.
Worst case scenario is they charge you for the service but it's just an oil change at the end of the day.

silles

May 4, 2017
Talk to the dealer!
They will need to prep the car anyway if they are going to resell it and it could be months before that happens, during which time it'll probably just be sat on the forecourt.

They may not do anything other than to thank you for your honesty, and the service costs to them is relative peanuts compared to whatever margin they may make when it sells.
Worst case scenario is they charge you for the service but it's just an oil change at the end of the day.

Yeah good idea, I'll give them a call when the service light pops up. I still have 40 days :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.