Options affecting Leon lead times

JeffM

Aug 18, 2016
They will say anything for a sale. Going by last weeks lead times, depending on what alloys u wanted you would be looking at least 24 weeks!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Jesus 24 weeks. I ordered it with the 30/3 alloys. Mystery blue.

Currently got a 1.8tsi so still enjoying that just need the extra space of the ST.

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
I ordered a 1.8 FR in Mystery Blue with 18" performance alloys, convenience pack and parking assistance pack on 20th Feb. I was told 15-17 weeks and expecting mid June delivery which is what I was planning on and why I ordered in Feb. Had call today, it's left the factory and I could be looking at picking up by end of month. That's less than 6 weeks from placing order to delivery which seems very much better than what most are reporting.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I ordered a 1.8 FR in Mystery Blue with 18" performance alloys, convenience pack and parking assistance pack on 20th Feb. I was told 15-17 weeks and expecting mid June delivery which is what I was planning on and why I ordered in Feb. Had call today, it's left the factory and I could be looking at picking up by end of month. That's less than 6 weeks from placing order to delivery which seems very much better than what most are reporting.
Mine left Barcelona on a vehicle carrier 16th. I think its on the 'Pegasus Ace' which has just left Setubal and due in Sheerness on 22nd

saintsfan

Jan 17, 2018
Finally, got word yesterday from CS that it is on the boat and will dock tomorrow, so should be in the dealers next week. Then need to get the adaptation on.

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
Ordered my Cupra ST on 12th Feb, just been told that the build week is 25. I'm guessing that's w/c 11th June. Would it be fair to estimate I would get the car about a month later?

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
Mine was built week 8 and has just arrived in UK. Hopefully have it next Friday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Finally, got word yesterday from CS that it is on the boat and will dock tomorrow, so should be in the dealers next week. Then need to get the adaptation on.
Must be same boat as mine, 'Pegasus Ace' is the ship name

JohnnyDrama

Dec 19, 2006
Lancs
Ordered my Cupra ST on 12th Feb, just been told that the build week is 25. I'm guessing that's w/c 11th June. Would it be fair to estimate I would get the car about a month later?

Must be quite a difference between the 5 door and ST....ordered mine 1 week before you and build week is 14 (apparently confirmed)

jammer

Feb 20, 2018
Must be quite a difference between the 5 door and ST....ordered mine 1 week before you and build week is 14 (apparently confirmed)

Likewise.. I ordered mine end of Feb (build week 8) and has been confirmed its being built in build week 14 in 2 weeks time ...

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
There is no lead time difference between ST, 5dr or SC. Standard lead time is 10-12 weeks then Cupra spec adds 8 weeks IIRC

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Do you think I should question mine? Does seem quite longer than others are being told...
All build weeks start a long way off and then move forward as build slots are filled. Until it switches from 'scheduled' to 'confirmed' it is meaningless, and no amount of chasing your dealership/SEAT Customer Services/your MP/the Press/a forum is going to get you the actual, correct answer.

Current lead times are published each week by SEAT UK (and here by me) and are as close to accurate as you are going to get.

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
All build weeks start a long way off and then move forward as build slots are filled. Until it switches from 'scheduled' to 'confirmed' it is meaningless, and no amount of chasing your dealership/SEAT Customer Services/your MP/the Press/a forum is going to get you the actual, correct answer.

Current lead times are published each week by SEAT UK (and here by me) and are as close to accurate as you are going to get.

Thanks scrogg, much appreciated.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
So I ordered an st cupra back in Jan this year and still no build date. Reading other posts orders made after my order was placed for same car appear to be given build slots. Do you reckon my supplying dealer is taking the piss or is this seat UK order process at its finest? Starting to regret the order :(

jammer

Feb 20, 2018
So I ordered an st cupra back in Jan this year and still no build date. Reading other posts orders made after my order was placed for same car appear to be given build slots. Do you reckon my supplying dealer is taking the piss or is this seat UK order process at its finest? Starting to regret the order :(

My dealer did say they were surprised it had been bumped up, and that it could’ve been Used to fill a cancellation gap or something... possibly just a touch of luck ... as I was originally Quoted 20+ weeks

Last edited:

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
I ordered beginning of October 2017 and only just arrived in UK!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Don't worry I am in the same situation as you, it is fully loaded though including Pano roof, so I expected further delays.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Don't worry I am in the same situation as you, it is fully loaded though including Pano roof, so I expected further delays.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Dont think there is any longer lead times on vehicles ordered with options. Only thing that lengthens lead time is trim level, alloys and engine in some cases

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Was at the dealer yesterday, enquiring about a new order (if I have to make one). Lead times are still bad, 7 months for the ECOTSI again. He offered me a ECOTSI in Med Blue with no options for the same price as I was/am paying for the Mystery Blue one with SEAT Sound and Driver Convenience Pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.