Cupra Key Cover

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has bought one of these...

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Cupra_Key_Cover_000087013AJ

It seems expensive for 2 bits of plastic but i think it looks quite good from the pics (white cupra on order!). Cant seem to find any similar alternatives so wondered if anyone has one and thinks its any good, or knew best place to get one/similar.

Thanks for reading.

I’ve got it :) it does look nice, especially accompanied with the silver metal base:

bb28af83e63381338af585bbc7965306.jpg

- if you do go for it, Make sure you replace the battery in the key before putting it on :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I had to buy it as an extra - was about £13 I think...adds a bit of weight to the key too

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone has bought one of these...

http://www.seatpartsshop.co.uk/product/SEAT_Leon_Cupra_Key_Cover_000087013AJ

It seems expensive for 2 bits of plastic but i think it looks quite good from the pics (white cupra on order!). Cant seem to find any similar alternatives so wondered if anyone has one and thinks its any good, or knew best place to get one/similar.

Thanks for reading.

This one’s a couple of pounds cheaper than the one in the link you posted.

https://seat-skoda.caffynsparts.co.uk/parts/seat-parts/seat-leon-cupra-2014-on-key-cover/

If you do a Google search on the part number, there are some cheaper ones in Europe, but whether or not they’ll actually work out cheaper will obviously depend on what the shipping costs are!

Here’s one in the Netherlands; €20.95, converted to £’s is £18.34

https://zijm.nl/product/seat-sleutelcover-leon-cupra/

KGoogle

Jan 7, 2018
I’ve got it :) it does look nice, especially accompanied with the silver metal base:

bb28af83e63381338af585bbc7965306.jpg

- if you do go for it, Make sure you replace the battery in the key before putting it on :)

Why replace the battery ?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs

It’s not happened to me - however a few people on here commented that they put the new cover on, and then the battery died or indicated it was dying a few weeks/months later. And the cover isn’t designed to come off again- so for the sake of like £5, you may as well change the battery before you put the cover on, just to be safe.

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
That makes it an expensive key cover then if you've got keyless entry. With keyless, it's not unknown for the key fob batteries to need replacing every 12-18 months, so if you have to destroy the Cupra fob cover every time you need to put a new battery in your fob, that makes the battery change a costly job!

Steelywhisper

Jul 28, 2016
Ireland
I have that cover on my keys since i got the car 2 years ago, its held up well with wear and tear but I'm getting the change battery warning now so will need to get a new cover when i change it.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016

the plastic cover has to be glued together unlike the original that you could pry apart and put back together.

I have a silicon cover on my FR, not to everyone's taste, but I like it. My metal loops were 2 for £8 from eBay although they have gone up in price as they are really popular

KGoogle

Jan 7, 2018
the plastic cover has to be glued together unlike the original that you could pry apart and put back together.

I have a silicon cover on my FR, not to everyone's taste, but I like it. My metal loops were 2 for £8 from eBay although they have gone up in price as they are really popular

O ok I thought it just stuck over the top of the original key with 3M tabs

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
I bought it when I first got the car.

Didn't really like the fit and removed it - felt cheap - instead, I modded the bottom part of the key with the Golf R chrome bit and left the rest of the key stock. Weight is nice now with the added metal and looks mega.

Jay280

Oct 7, 2015
I fitted one to mine and must say not impressed with the quality of it. Had to change key batteries twice since. Managed to save it but it did slightly crack and chip in doing so.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I went with this, I like it. My wife's colleague at VW scoffed at it, but I don't care

UJx6PTI.jpg

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I went with this, I like it. My wife's colleague at VW scoffed at it, but I don't care

UJx6PTI.jpg

I have one of those and really like it. From memory, it only cost a couple of pounds, and is available in a variety of different colours, but I went for the black one with red stripe like yours.

The existing key just slots in it and it’s very easy to remove. It does make the key a bit more chunky as it’s thicker than the Cupra stick on cover type key cover. But for anyone who buys one and decides it’s not for them, it’s not cost you a lot.

Last edited:

Tinbum51

Jul 27, 2019
Hi, does anyone know if you can get a gunmetal key cap instead of chrome?
Ive seen some pics of the white Cupra fob with this in place.

Brackett

May 12, 2019
i liked the look of that white cover until someone said you had to glue it :cry:

I assumed it just "snapped" in place. Don't want to have to glue a cover on. :redcard:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.