OBDeleven modifications

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
I've had an elm237 adaptor for yonks from a previous car and I also bought torque pro way back as well, so it's been with my android device for years. I tried it this morning and it read codes and stuff (or would have done if there was any) and was reading the data once I got it connected to my car (2015 184 FR).

What I want to know is to make the simple modifications I see people mentioning like the boot pop, the locking chirp etc, though obviously not stuff my car doesn't have would I be able to do it with what I have or do I need plug ins, a different device or what? I've seen carista mentioned, and VCDS. I'd be happy enough to buy VCDS if it's more comprehensive but when doing a search it brought up that many different makes and options I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I've had an elm237 adaptor for yonks from a previous car and I also bought torque pro way back as well, so it's been with my android device for years. I tried it this morning and it read codes and stuff (or would have done if there was any) and was reading the data once I got it connected to my car (2015 184 FR).

What I want to know is to make the simple modifications I see people mentioning like the boot pop, the locking chirp etc, though obviously not stuff my car doesn't have would I be able to do it with what I have or do I need plug ins, a different device or what? I've seen carista mentioned, and VCDS. I'd be happy enough to buy VCDS if it's more comprehensive but when doing a search it brought up that many different makes and options I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

There is only 1 genuine VCDS (formally known as VAG-COM I think) and that is made by Ross-Tech, there are lots of fakes on eBay but you cannot update the software. VCDS dongles earlier than the current V2 version or the HEX-NET version will not work with some of the newer modules on later VAG cars, 2016 onwards I've been told by Ross-Tech.
You could look into buying OBDeleven Pro but it only works with Android devices.

perryqhill

Sep 20, 2017
Doncaster
Yeah I guessed there must be loads of copies of vcds when looking given the sheer amount of different ones and price differences. android isn't an issue so obd eleven pro might be an idea. does that come with it's it a own software?

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Yeah I guessed there must be loads of copies of vcds when looking given the sheer amount of different ones and price differences. android isn't an issue so obd eleven pro might be an idea. does that come with it's it a own software?
Yep. Obdeleven on play store

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

from what i have seen VAG are stopping VIM on newer cars.

Ratocego

Mar 7, 2018
Hi everyone, is it possible to reduce/dimm the front and back ceiling lights? Recently I have swapped the original OEM halogen ones for some LEDs, and it's way too bright. I can't do anything in the infotainment, so maybe there is a way through the app? Thanks

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
I wonder if anyone can please help me out.

I'm doing the wiper and auto light upgrade on my Leon FR ST 1.8 as in the following thread

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421370

I've got a sensor ordered and will get an auto light switch shortly and will fit both those myself.

The one aspect of the project that I'm wary about is the coding to get the auto lights working. If anything I'd be more tempted to get the OBDeleven than the VCDS as the former seems more user friendly.
An alternative would be to see if anyone would be happy to do the coding for me and I'd be happy to pay for that doing (up to a reasonable amount :)

If anyone can help out please feel free to PM me or message on here.
I live in Huddersfield and am happy to travel a reasonable distance.

Thanks in advance.

pastrami

MK3 LEON ST FR 2.0 TDI184
May 15, 2017
Kent
I wonder if anyone can please help me out.

I'm doing the wiper and auto light upgrade on my Leon FR ST 1.8 as in the following thread

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421370

I've got a sensor ordered and will get an auto light switch shortly and will fit both those myself.

The one aspect of the project that I'm wary about is the coding to get the auto lights working. If anything I'd be more tempted to get the OBDeleven than the VCDS as the former seems more user friendly.
An alternative would be to see if anyone would be happy to do the coding for me and I'd be happy to pay for that doing (up to a reasonable amount :)

If anyone can help out please feel free to PM me or message on here.
I live in Huddersfield and am happy to travel a reasonable distance.

Thanks in advance.

Same boat. This thread has helped me out, and meant avoding coding: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443686

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for pointing me to the thread. I was already considering that option and the discrete positioning of the sensor does make it more appealing.

Rob G

Apr 13, 2018
Quick question regarding obdeleven (standard version). I have just ordered a dongle and downloaded the app to have a look through before hand.
Looking at the 'XDS Interaction' app, I assume on the Cupra this will adjust the VAQ diff in place of the XDS? Is there a guide as to which level is equivalent to standard comfort/cupra etc settings? Also does the mod work across all drive profiles or only the one selected when performing it?

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
One quick question if I made changes for example disable start/stop with OBDEleven and before I go to dealership restore original coding can they see that something has been changed? Like coddding history or some coding counter or something like that? For ECU I know that there is programming counter and you can see if ECU has been flashed... I want some changes on car but don't want void warranty...

Deleted member 103408

If you are worried about warranty then don't make changes.

As far as i am personally aware the issue on SEAT is if they see something that has been turned on (eg traffic recognition) and it is in an area where you are making a claim they will reject it.

In simple terms if you turn your FIS Carbon on but you go in because your window wont close then no issue, however if you go in with for example your Rev counter is not working they would see you have make a change to your instrument cluster and may get funny about it.

There are threads out there saying AUDI can see you have made changes via OBD2 port but not seen anything on Seat sites.

Bottom line if you are that worried about warranty don't make changes (I did on the principle that I bought a new car and expected it to last for some time) and had I made any changes I would revert them but you could also worry what happens if you have an accident on the road and the garage tells your insurance company the car is non standard ???? and so on.

Reactions: _Dejan_

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for reply. All I want to know is if I restore original values can they see that some changes has been made in history? I know if they see that current coding is different as original that they will see change... This is reason why Im ask if there is some coding counter in modules...

Deleted member 103408

not as far as I am aware, but as I said the Audi sites say that VAG do have a way but not seen any confirmation from us Seat owners.

Reactions: _Dejan_
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members