FR is fast but boring

silles

May 4, 2017
What are you in about ? FR's can do all of that no problem

just thought it represent my personal view on the FR:

FR is fast car, handles well, accelerates well. But I'm finding it boring to drive, mostly because there is hardly any drama when u floor it, no engine sound.

that's what u seen on the video, it almost the fastest, beats the Subaru WRX, but which one would u rather drive?

don't take it personal, I like the FR

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
Get an air filter. Change exhaust. Would that make a difference?
Especially at 1.2 or 1.4 it’s not meant to be noisy by default.
The 1.8 however has a sound actuator so it could help sound like there’s “drama”.
If that’s not good enough but you like the fr. You could always get a cupra which is exact same car faster engine nicer seats and badges. Alloys. Spoiler.
Prob my next car to be honest and I own an fr. Strong remap. It’s not noisy and I like that. And at the same time it’s got a lot more power to go. Although I think the Rev limiter being removed makes it hard to floor it in gear 1 because it gets to the revs to quickly. I’m going to see if it’s possible to keep a map on but rev limiter off to protect the clutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
It's usually my passengers that make all the noise!

Yea usually my wife.
Had 2 of my friends together as passengers got shook in the car. They was almost sick. And one of them is a driver that drives as fast as he can everywhere.
But going from 184lbs (250nm) of torque to 241lbs (327nm) of torque. That’s almost the same pull from a cupra at 258lbs of torque. And that’s coming out of a 1.4
Only downside of this there’s no uprated clutches to let you go mad more often.

JMP

May 27, 2004
But going from 184lbs (250nm) of torque to 241lbs (327nm) of torque. That’s almost the same pull from a cupra at 258lbs of torque. And that’s coming out of a 1.4

And if you consider the lighter weight of the 1.4, its probably pretty even.

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
And if you consider the lighter weight of the 1.4, its probably pretty even.

Probably for the first 4 seconds. It pulls HARD! Sometimes flings my head back in the head rest. And I know that feeling is stronger as a passenger.
If I knew I wasn’t going to remap it. I’d be happy with my 1.4 over the 1.8. I thought 0.7 seconds over the fuel mpg was not worth it.
Having a stage 1 on has decreased my fuel consumption. I should of just had a 1.8 and go up 245hp and 277lbs of torque. That’s more pull than a cupra 280 and 290. And I’ve heard times of under 6 seconds on the 1.8. Equalling a cupra.
But what interests me on your statement is that you think the 150kg weight different. That it would balance the 1.4 would balance out to be about on par with a cupra?
I’m too scared to find out right now. Only owned my 1.4 a year. And I’m not ready to switch and don’t want to be tempted yet either tho I’ve just had an email for the “right” one I actually want when I’m ready haha

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017
I get plenty of noise out of mine without mods.

That’s stock car? I’ve never heard my engine from the outside. But from what I hear on the inside. It doesn’t sound like it’s something I want other people to hear as it doesn’t have enough grunt. I get the impression it sounds like it’s struggling at the top of its revs

Sisqo_uk

Nov 9, 2017

I no it wouldn’t. Just wondered if weight was really going to play that much.
But it’s a nice way to gauge what kind of silliness to expect from a cupra. I’ll be stage 1 on that with 350lbs of torque and 350hp will be on another level of performance.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Completely different engines - torque might be similar but the 2 litre holds its power and torque over a much wider rev range.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
I no it wouldn’t. Just wondered if weight was really going to play that much.
But it’s a nice way to gauge what kind of silliness to expect from a cupra. I’ll be stage 1 on that with 350lbs of torque and 350hp will be on another level of performance.

Sorry, yes weight would need to be taken into account, but even so you’d find a Cupra to be a big improvement in every area in terms of performance. Factoring in the weight, a mapped FR could be roughly equivalent to a car with 260hp at the Cupra’s weight. Most Cupra’s RR at approx 300hp as standard so you’re talking an extra 40hp which would be pretty noticeable when pushing on. As mentioned above though the power and torque is probably more accessible in the 2 litre.

silles

May 4, 2017
Having a stage 1 on has decreased my fuel consumption. I should of just had a 1.8 and go up 245hp and 277lbs of torque. That’s more pull than a cupra 280 and 290. And I’ve heard times of under 6 seconds on the 1.8. Equalling a cupra.

bit hard to believe, coz chip tuning is just shoving more fuel into the engine ... how does that decrease full consumption ...