Options affecting Leon lead times

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Like a few others I am awaiting imminent delivery and watching the progress of the ship ‘Pegasus Ace’. The ship docked at Sharpness on Friday, which says it is a VW group port (including SEAT), it has since docked at Grimsby and is now on its way to Tyne, which is where I thought was the import point for all SEAT cars. Anyone shed any light on which ports our cars come into?

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
Thanks for spotting the typo! Sheerness is what I meant ☺

Seemed strange that cars would get unloaded from the same ship at 3 different ports along the East coast of England within 300 miles of each other.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Seemed strange that cars would get unloaded from the same ship at 3 different ports along the East coast of England within 300 miles of each other.
Not really. The cars all come from the same factory, but are destined for dealerships all across the UK. Having them all unload at one port would make delivering them as far afield as Northern Ireland, Scotland and Cornwall a logistical nightmare.

As it is, Sheerness serves dealerships in the south, Grimsby in the middle (and Northern Ireland as it's closest to Liverpool where they get shipped to Belfast) and Tyne in the north. The reason they are all on the east coast is because all Audi and VW cars built in Germany are shipped from Emden, so when SEAT and Skoda were added to the family they just got added to existing port facilities.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
If anyones interested build week 12 cars i believe are on 'Aquarius Ace'.

I am just awaiting confirmation of port arrival too and hoping car gets transported to my dealer in Aldershot early next week.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018
If anyones interested build week 12 cars i believe are on 'Aquarius Ace'.

I am just awaiting confirmation of port arrival too and hoping car gets transported to my dealer in Aldershot early next week.

Pretty sure mine is on the same ship, heading to Lookers. Is your order with SMC? Did they match IMG deal, assuming it is PCH? They are my local dealer but communication wasn't great about what they could and couldn't offer.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Pretty sure mine is on the same ship, heading to Lookers. Is your order with SMC? Did they match IMG deal, assuming it is PCH? They are my local dealer but communication wasn't great about what they could and couldn't offer.
I was week 11 build so should be already at Sheernes awaiting delivery. Yes im with SMC. Im on PCP and they slightly better the best price i got on carwow.

Ive been dealing with Sam there mainly and they have been okay communication wise, pretty quick replying to emails.

Hoping car is to spec, after reading a few ppl have had issues and is damage free as this has been massive issue for me recently, not with SEAT though

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Had a better inspection of my bodywork today in the sunshine and noticed on the left wing and just onto the bonnet some nasty scratches. They look like tool marks from when the white bonnet film was removed. They won't T-cut out either as are too deep.

Looks like it is off to the dealer as my guess is that they will need to use a rotary polish to get them out [:@]

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
Had a better inspection of my bodywork today in the sunshine and noticed on the left wing and just onto the bonnet some nasty scratches. They look like tool marks from when the white bonnet film was removed. They won't T-cut out either as are too deep.

Looks like it is off to the dealer as my guess is that they will need to use a rotary polish to get them out [:@]
Thats the sort of thing that im on about, valeters not giving a fcuk!!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Thats the sort of thing that im on about, valeters not giving a fcuk!!

Dealer say’s it is over a week and could not have happened there!! I know what a tool mark and a scratch look like. Not to even bother having a look is a disgrace

It will be a call to SEAT CS when I get a chance to complain that include Bristol Street Motors head office even dealer continues to refuse to do anything :D

james88

Nov 21, 2017
Dealer say’s it is over a week and could not have happened there!! I know what a tool mark and a scratch look like. Not to even bother having a look is a disgrace

It will be a call to SEAT CS when I get a chance to complain that include Bristol Street Motors head office even dealer continues to refuse to do anything :D
What branch of Bristol Street was that?

I'll be setting off on my 250 mile trip next week to collect mine from Birmingham. I've asked then specifically not to valet mine before collection. I won't be happy if they have marked it.

I hope you can get your issue resolved promptly!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
What branch of Bristol Street was that?

I'll be setting off on my 250 mile trip next week to collect mine from Birmingham. I've asked then specifically not to valet mine before collection. I won't be happy if they have marked it.

I hope you can get your issue resolved promptly!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Derby - after a great deal, the dealership is in chaos. Not enough sales staff and management being fired. My concern was there were too many cars and damage could all to easily be done!!

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Does anyone have a SEAT customer service email? CC ing the world into an email to the dealer. My wife wants to reject the car she is that annoyed under the 30 day satisfactory quality element. Doubtful but may be a useful stick!!

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Derby - after a great deal, the dealership is in chaos. Not enough sales staff and management being fired. My concern was there were too many cars and damage could all to easily be done!!

I would be very wary of anyone connected to the Derby dealer touching my car after the repair to the car that I rejected last October. You probably don't have any choice though unless you want to pay for it yourself.

My car is going into complete car cosmetics tomorrow to have the skirts and rear spoiler fitted, I've heard really good things about them. If the Derby dealer won't budge then it may be worth asking them for a price.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I would be very wary of anyone connected to the Derby dealer touching my car after the repair to the car that I rejected last October. You probably don't have any choice though unless you want to pay for it yourself.

My car is going into complete car cosmetics tomorrow to have the skirts and rear spoiler fitted, I've heard really good things about them. If the Derby dealer won't budge then it may be worth asking them for a price.

To be honest if they make it worse I will reject the car as not of a suitable quality within the 30 day option. Bristol Street do have a 14 day money back guarantee as well. Which we were told about at handover. The hassle though of finding another car most likely an A3 would most likely up payments. So hoping it won’t come to that, rejecting a car is a hassle and usually a bit of a bun fight!!

The car is self is brilliant on a 93 mile trip on the motorway averaged 51mpg at a steady 70mph. ACC worked better than I thought and never had to touch the brakes myself for 70 miles.

Below is the email sent to me by the sales person...

“I’m so sorry to hear that there are scratches on your new car. Unfortunately since it has been over a week since you took the vehicle we can only assume that this has happened since collection. We don’t use any tools to remove the protective film. “

Last edited:

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
Was at the dealer yesterday, enquiring about a new order (if I have to make one). Lead times are still bad, 7 months for the ECOTSI again. He offered me a ECOTSI in Med Blue with no options for the same price as I was/am paying for the Mystery Blue one with SEAT Sound and Driver Convenience Pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, the dealers must not talk to each other.... I ordered my EcoTSI ST in middle of December and it was delivered last Friday 23rd? 14 weeks or so and I even pushed the delivery back a few days as I was away.

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Wow, the dealers must not talk to each other.... I ordered my EcoTSI ST in middle of December and it was delivered last Friday 23rd? 14 weeks or so and I even pushed the delivery back a few days as I was away.

You may have been lucky enough to pickup something that was already on order, perhaps something another customer had cancelled. The dealer I went to aren’t expecting an ECOTSI until July.

Last edited:

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
You may have been lucky enough to pickup something that was already on order, perhaps something another customer had cancelled. The dealer I went to aren’t expecting an ECOTSI until July.

Its possible I guess. I ordered a monsoon Grey ST FR Eco TSI with standard wheels, winter & convenience plus pack. Was originally told middle April delivery, which they improved upon by a month?

Was pleased to see it comes with the illuminated sill tread plates & 2 x Usb in rear cabin.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members