Tdi 1.9 stage 2?

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
What is the to do list for this?

Stage 1 is just a remap and I'd see 204bhp if lucky!

So would I be right in thinking a bigger intercooler and exhaust? Then a remap?

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
What is the to do list for this?

Stage 1 is just a remap and I'd see 204bhp if lucky!

So would I be right in thinking a bigger intercooler and exhaust? Then a remap?

What 1.9tdi engine model do you have? What spec is it standard

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
What 1.9tdi engine model do you have? What spec is it standard

It's the 150bhp standard version
07df0115ba043e0a609043409cdd2186.jpg
96805e1f585caa5ccf6a2443bb37d9cb.jpg
d267c9e444b4f0ac0f24d32f89f4d4f0.jpg
3fe43deb1160762cea3ddfa7399f51cf.jpg
621870dc8d6fe9b0a489a6aae2e62611.jpg

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Internals are fine for 260 ish bhp.

You would need a bigger FMIC and associated piping, a stronger clutch, hybrid turbo, filter (a panel filter would suffice), a good remap and a exhaust system of some description. That lot would get you 230-240bhp.

If your after more, your looking at larger turbos again, and possibly meth/propane/nos systems (or all of them).

It is not cheap to tune past 230bhp.

Just something I see on the net to do with the pd 150 engine. Nos sounds interesting

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Car looks lovely and a good buy...just keep it away from bin men.

Haha... Was nothing to do with me, I swear, lol. Car is lovely.. But none of the cars such as the (vauxhall) and this pd150 have the power of the 1st Cupra i had! Beginning to think I did really get a top tuned car with all the extra added parts! Now if I knew I'd be back with a leon I'd have just kept the 1.8t but then this one I have is immaculate! Everything works from the little door lights on the doors to no knocking sounds and the speakers sound very good! Just wouldn't mind Bluetooth for some music and phone calls but I think the stereo is a classic! Anyways back on subject.. So I can get a remap for £100.. Only down side is for this deal I've to drive an hour n 30mins just didn't want the clutch to drop out on me on my way home lol.. You may think its not official map but it is.. Dyno is extra £50 I think! Offer ends end of April so wouldn't mind this.. Also changing the alloys at some point but the standard look is alright! Just not to keen of going too fast with it standard ride hight.. Feels a bit top heavy on the Bends.

Last edited:

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there.

My Leon 1.9tdi has the AHF 110 and with a custom remap is now with 150hp. No clutch needed as long as I don't strecth it like a dragster. Plenty of power for typical commute between work and home. Economic is still the key feature and more power means more fuel.
If your looking for 200+ horses then a petrol Cupra would have been you right choice but daily 3hours rides would empty your tank like a camel as you certainly know. :)

I do went for the bluetooth music and hands free and it's a must as long as you choose the right red&white lighting radio it does suit very well. :)

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Hi there.

My Leon 1.9tdi has the AHF 110 and with a custom remap is now with 150hp. No clutch needed as long as I don't strecth it like a dragster. Plenty of power for typical commute between work and home. Economic is still the key feature and more power means more fuel.
If your looking for 200+ horses then a petrol Cupra would have been you right choice but daily 3hours rides would empty your tank like a camel as you certainly know. :)

I do went for the bluetooth music and hands free and it's a must as long as you choose the right red&white lighting radio it does suit very well. :)
Yeah maybe your right.. Mines 150 standard just couldn't help thinking about the extra bhp of a remap. But tbf my 1.8astra sri sports was getting 27mpg and no turbo in that so I guess I'd be used to spending that kinda money on petrol. Any suggestions for a stereo?

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
Wouldn't dare lower my 150bhp td, as its low enough as it is.

Uprated clutch is a must, because its not the extra bhp that will break it, it will be the extra lbs of torque. And that much torque would be huge fun!!! Even a stage one will give over 300lbs of torque

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
I have stage 1 custom map, running standard clutch (slipping very slightly), green panel filter and some altered boost pipework. 193bhp / 292lbsft.

masterfrodo

Jul 29, 2016
And how much of a difference in performance do you feel you have got - does it feel a lot quicker? What about economy - I hear its supposed to be better on fuel with a remap, and egr also mapped out

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Haha... Was nothing to do with me, I swear, lol. Car is lovely.. But none of the cars such as the (vauxhall) and this pd150 have the power of the 1st Cupra i had! Beginning to think I did really get a top tuned car with all the extra added parts! Now if I knew I'd be back with a leon I'd have just kept the 1.8t but then this one I have is immaculate! Everything works from the little door lights on the doors to no knocking sounds and the speakers sound very good! Just wouldn't mind Bluetooth for some music and phone calls but I think the stereo is a classic! Anyways back on subject.. So I can get a remap for £100.. Only down side is for this deal I've to drive an hour n 30mins just didn't want the clutch to drop out on me on my way home lol.. You may think its not official map but it is.. Dyno is extra £50 I think! Offer ends end of April so wouldn't mind this.. Also changing the alloys at some point but the standard look is alright! Just not to keen of going too fast with it standard ride hight.. Feels a bit top heavy on the Bends.

Car was stage 2 wasn't it but basically ran into the ground. A loss of 110hp is going to be very noticed but you will get good mpg. If your wanting fast...go back to 1.8t. TDI are ok but not fast without silly money put into them.

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
What do you think about mapping the tdi to 200bhp? Hour n 30mins drive to the place and get it done at the reduced price?

Bace

Aug 19, 2017
Kent
I'm with TWH above. Do it !!

Mine is completely stock with a stage 1 map and green panel filter, IRO 200 horses and if I'm steady on the pedal I get around 50 mpg on my commute from East Kent to Essex. my clutch will slightly slip if I really push it, but normal everyday traffic it's completely fine. Also it has a lovely Turbo whistle due to the Panel filter ;)
Motorway driving is effortless, the slightest touch on the pedal and it pulls for miles. My car share buddy has just forked out for a 17 plate Merc diesel.......absolutely gutless, no comparison whatsoever to my LC

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
Yeah I think it's gotta be done! 200bhp.. Took it for a ride today for about 25miles on the motorway.. Had some BMW behind me and I tried to go faster but the BMW was just keeping up and then some, so had to move to other lane! If I'd of had that extra 100 horse I'd have a annihilated that BMW

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
You certainly won't get an extra 100bhp from just a remap on its own.
A 40-50 bhp increase is much more realistic without blowing the turbo to bits.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

itsmrjt

Mar 6, 2018
Leicester
You certainly won't get an extra 100bhp from just a remap on its own.
A 40-50 bhp increase is much more realistic without blowing the turbo to bits.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah I know that.. But to be getting about 250bhp out of my car would I have to do alot more just for the extra bhp as in adding mods? What would be the easiest or best even cheapest way to a get at least 250? K&N Air filter? Exhaust? More and likely a new clutch? Even 230bhp might be asking to much?

What would a bigger turbo do? Would it make any difference at all? If I just had the stage one map and a bigger turbo?

Last edited:

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Yeah I think it's gotta be done! 200bhp.. Took it for a ride today for about 25miles on the motorway.. Had some BMW behind me and I tried to go faster but the BMW was just keeping up and then some, so had to move to other lane! If I'd of had that extra 100 horse I'd have a annihilated that BMW

And how do you know what he was running? He could have 300 to play with. Some days you win others you just need to chill for another day.

A petrol will be better in the higher rev ranges but the diesel will have the grunt low down. On the A roads and motorways I just don't risk going past the ton, need my licence too much. But the fun I can have getting to the next set of lights around town!

A good remap will get you to 200 safely but will test the standard clutch and if that clutch has already seen many miles the more that test will be.

A decent fmic will give you a few extra horses but as andrewwright says, getting big numbers will really empty your wallet.

Don't go lower on that car unless you are happy to whack your sump. Get a rear arb fitted and then see how those bends are!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.