Strange buzzing soud from speakers

gh0sted

Mar 18, 2018
Hello fellow Mk1 drivers. First of all I'm new to this forum and i have searched for this particular problem and have not seen it (probably not searched enought). Enought said onto the problem.

I've recently bought a 1.8T AUQ with the factory AURA CD and recently noticed a strange buzzing probably interferance from the speakers only when starting the engine. The noise continues for a short period of time (1,2s at worst cases), then everything is back to normal. Hopefully hearing from you all if you had the same problems or yet to trace the problem,which might be causing the noise.

P.S Sorry if there is already the same kind of thread already. :)

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Welcome and congratulations on the buy, 1.8t engine is a great engine. Hopefully someone has had this issue because I've not read anything about this type of issue. Do you know if the stock stereo was put back in the car before the sale? Bad earth maybe or wire trapped somehow. Is it all speakers or just one?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

gh0sted

Mar 18, 2018
Perhaps the seller put back the factory AURA CD back when he sold me the car. When i went to see the car the factory radio was there. On first sight at the back of the trunk i saw 2 RCA cables which he left behind so i assume that there was a amplifier before and he had removed the amp and probably the subwoffer. It might be bad earth (ground) by the head unit (maybe) because I don't think that he changed the factory speakers or some bad connections to the socket. I should remove the factory head unit and see the connections back. If he had powered with a Line Out converter and left it behind that might the problem causing that short buzzing sound only when i start the engine.
Anyway I will still wait someone to offer a solution.

P.S Yes all the speakers make that buzzing sound.

Last edited:

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there.

Have you checked the wiring from radio to speakers to see if it is original? Sub and amp upgrade maybe the seller had upgraded the speakers too or made a poor connection. And the Aura also have 3 extra connectors for adicional functions... second display, speed increase volume...

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
hey dude and the congrats on the new car!

the RCA cables arent making contact with anything metal (or touching each other are they)

I had a weird noise in one of my old cars and when i taped the ends of the RCA cables it was fine

gh0sted

Mar 18, 2018
Thank you all for the quick replies. I will check all the connections from the stock head unit to the speakers and see if the cables are connected properly and see if the speakers are changed. Actually when I increase the volume on the head unit the sound is somehow better than my Passat B5.5. I don't have a opinion of the stock sound of a Seat Leon but I can say they sound a lot better than the Passat and Audi S3(not BOSE). I will check all the connections and will keep you in touch of the problems. Wish you all a great evening. :)

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
The stock audio speakers are pretty decent on the leon. I only upgraded the radio for a Pioneer (4x55W) and the overall boost was massive and the speakers do keep the right tone.

Cheers.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise