Leon 300 with 'Seat Sound System'

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Hi Kids,

I am currently discussing renewing my Cupra. I have a 3 door 290 black edition and am talking to seat about a 5 door Cupra 300.

I currently have an aftermarket sub in the boot, but seat offer the sound system upgrade with 'powerful subwoofer' and more speakers.

I cant find any more info or pictures on this and was wondering, for the sake of space saving, would it be worth having. I still want good sound quality, so is the one they offer worth it, how much room does it take up, how good is the quality and sound etc?

hopefully someone has the answers and some pictures they can show?

cheers guys

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
the sub sits inside the space saver wheel under the floor in the boot. Same sub as used across VAG range where it sits in the space saver.

Sound is good with the 'seat sound' upgrade. I have it in my 300 and always spec the upgraded sound system in the last 3 VAG cars owned. i think its a 300w system or something like that so not mega but a big improvement over stock.

The center speaker in the dashboard is also really good at equalising the sound left/right.

There are plenty of threads with discussion about the sound system on this site.

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
I have SEAT Sound and am pretty impressed with it. I'd definitely spec it in a new model. Anywhere near 50 percent volume and my seat vibrates. Nice and bassy. My model is 2013 so I think the newer ones have one or two more speakers.

Cheers

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
Subwoofer :-

images

Everything else is hidden behind the standard grilles, apart from a couple of badges on the front doors :-

seat-sound-e1414438931156.jpg

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Plus 1 for seat sound sounding well. Had very favourable comments from passengers on how good the sound quality is. I like my music and find it more than adequate. It's very easy to get the rear view mirror and seats vibrating with a twist of the volume knob ;)

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Just adding to this that I have a mate that competes in car audio comptetitons, has fully built custom systems in cars, etc.
He came to try my car and when he heard the system he just said "this sounds great! If I had it on my daily car, I would do nothing about it!"

I came from a Skoda Octavia that had HORRIBLE sound and where I was ready to change speakers, change headunit, add a amps and a DSP and add a subwoofer.
On the Seat, I tweaked the audio to my liking and... Everything I throw at it regardless musical style sounds great.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
brilliant responses, especially the pictures, that's all the info I needed thanks lads. Ordered a 5 door in mystery blue with the winter pack, sound system upgrade and full link. She's due to land in October. Cheers guys!

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Just adding to this that I have a mate that competes in car audio comptetitons, has fully built custom systems in cars, etc.
He came to try my car and when he heard the system he just said "this sounds great! If I had it on my daily car, I would do nothing about it!"

I came from a Skoda Octavia that had HORRIBLE sound and where I was ready to change speakers, change headunit, add a amps and a DSP and add a subwoofer.
On the Seat, I tweaked the audio to my liking and... Everything I throw at it regardless musical style sounds great.

I had a 2015 Mk3 Octavia Vrs on lease and the sound was rubbish. I bought my wife a 2016 Fabia SEL and the sound was loads better, I was hoping my Leon with SEAT Sound would be a bit better but it takes it to another level, the best car audio that I have experienced.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Which sound system did you have on the Octavia guys? I have the Canton setup currently and I have ordered a Leon with Seat Sound - Beats Audio is an option in other markets (but on the Cupra R versions only in UK at present). I was hoping that that Seat Sound would be comparable to the Canton, but none of the dealers have a car with it fitted for a comparison.

I have the standard audio with Nav in my Mk3 FR and this is ok, but obviously not a good as the Canton.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Which sound system did you have on the Octavia guys? I have the Canton setup currently and I have ordered a Leon with Seat Sound - Beats Audio is an option in other markets (but on the Cupra R versions only in UK at present). I was hoping that that Seat Sound would be comparable to the Canton, but none of the dealers have a car with it fitted for a comparison.

I have the standard audio with Nav in my Mk3 FR and this is ok, but obviously not a good as the Canton.

It was just the standard sound with the Amundsen head unit in the Octavia. As I stated before I am more than happy with the SEAT Sound, for the extra money it is a no brainer.

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I guess the SSS is enough for 97% of all people but not for me. The subwoofer is like a 5" in a plastic bucket. Sure it is worth its money and adds almost no weight, but I was used to more bass punch so added a stand-alone aftermarket active box with a 12".

The Swed

Aug 24, 2017
Sweden
I tinking of this one in my car,,,, navishop.nl/audio-upgrade-seat-leon-2013-p-17447,,,, only the sub box can't find another to the ST model..

Last edited:

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
Yeah I already have a Focal BOMBA BP20 in the current car which is a very tidy little unit with plenty of power and the quality is great. But as I am changing from the pretty little 3 door into the bang average 5 door, I thought I might as well compromise for practicality yet again and have the built in SSS and have yet more room for the wife and child to fill with stuff.

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
yeah the full link is standard, but if you go onto SEAT's website it has it as a £150 extra when you configure a cupra. I have since been informed by them that it comes as standard.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members