Seat Leon Mk3 Satnav / Multimedia Upgrade

Chewbanter

Mar 22, 2018
Basically I have a 63 Reg Seat Leon FR Mk3 with the original satnav / multimedia system. It has completely gone bezerk, every time I turn on the car it loads like a snail. Normally freezes, so I have to power button hard reset, to then wait again for it to load. Once loaded and not freezing, it decides to press what it likes and drives me mad. Therefore..

Obviously with newer models of the car you such as the 2015/2016 you get a better version of the infotainment system with full link etc. Sounds cool, looks better but has anyone done an upgrade like this before.

I have looked into connectors etc and it looks visually no different. Only thing I can think off is potentially car data being different if they added / removed sensors but once again from videos I see no difference.

Any help or advice would be cool.

:ban:

ysfdncr

Jan 17, 2016
New Jersey, USA
Basically I have a 63 Reg Seat Leon FR Mk3 with the original satnav / multimedia system. It has completely gone bezerk, every time I turn on the car it loads like a snail. Normally freezes, so I have to power button hard reset, to then wait again for it to load. Once loaded and not freezing, it decides to press what it likes and drives me mad. Therefore..

Obviously with newer models of the car you such as the 2015/2016 you get a better version of the infotainment system with full link etc. Sounds cool, looks better but has anyone done an upgrade like this before.

I have looked into connectors etc and it looks visually no different. Only thing I can think off is potentially car data being different if they added / removed sensors but once again from videos I see no difference.

Any help or advice would be cool.

:ban:

What is your part number, HW and SW version ?

Chewbanter

Mar 22, 2018
The stuff I have noted down are:

- Model: GuideModel_15.10.139

Part No. 5F0035858A

Software Train Version: MSTD_EU_SE_P3081

SW MU Version: 0407

HMI Software: 13.06.11_h15.10.123_STDNav_EU

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.