Calling Cupra experts

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Hello,
I’m reaching the end of my FR lease and looking at Cupra 300s. I’m trying to track down a test drive which is proving somewhat difficult.

I contacted my local dealer and they said because of the transition to Cupra being a unique brand that they won’t be stocking them anymore. Does anyone know of any dealerships local to the midlands that have them?

Also are they now being stocked with the digital cockpit included or is that still a build in process? It’s quite a selling point for me going from an FR I’d like the big change in interior as well as the extra power under my right foot!

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blade

Aug 31, 2004
Teesside
Go DSG if you can afford it, the manual,s have chocolate clutches.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Hmm never really fancied DSG. I’m 23 and DSG has always seemed a bit dull and lacking the ‘feel’ of driving. I may be wrong with Cupras, just need to find one to test drive....

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Or you could just prefer the involvement of a manual...potential lifespan and slower acceleration be damned?

Harry213

Aug 11, 2014
West Midlands
In a similar position to yourself, current have the FR 184 and was looking at getting the Cupra 300 once the lease finishes in November 18. However I’m thinking of extending the lease for another six months to a year and wait for the MK4 Cupra which I believe is due in showrooms Summer 2019

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I have been driving manual religiously all my life and always had a (not so secret) hatred towards autoboxes but...
...since I really wanted the Cupra 300 4drive, I had to swallow my prejudice and embrace the DSG.

You will be fine... I got used to it already and I think the upsides of it exceed the downsides.
It is still fun to drive and I think the modern boxes are so clever that I never feel the urge to reach for the paddles.
Launching the car in Cupra mode it launches like a rocket...

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Just trying to find one of the bloody things at the minute. Even if it’s just seeing a Cupra with the digital cockpit and stuff, they’re in the UK now right?

Can’t seem to get any Cupra 300 test drive around me. Tried Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and Sheffield and nothing! Derby has a demo coming back in a few weeks that I can hopefully test, if not I’ll be ordering a lease blind

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Just trying to find one of the bloody things at the minute. Even if it’s just seeing a Cupra with the digital cockpit and stuff, they’re in the UK now right?

Can’t seem to get any Cupra 300 test drive around me. Tried Nottingham, Leicester, Derby and Sheffield and nothing! Derby has a demo coming back in a few weeks that I can hopefully test, if not I’ll be ordering a lease blind

They have a Black ST 4 drive with buckets & sound at Blackpool Seat but no digital cockpit.
They also have an FR with digital cockpit.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
They have a Black ST 4 drive with buckets & sound at Blackpool Seat but no digital cockpit.

They also have an FR with digital cockpit.

Haha I live in Nottingham that’s a bit of a slog, maybe after pay day! I’m heading south this weekend so might see if there’s anything London way, thanks though

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018

You will struggle to find a dealer demo. The SMC group in Aldershot / Woking sometimes have used ones in so could check there. I ordered without a test drive but did have a poke around an FR. Surely if you are happy with the FR, it will be a similar experience but with a faster engine and more smiles! There are quite a few digital cockpit videos on YouTube and Instagram / FB now.

You could always ask on here if someone local to you has a 300 and would let you have a poke around and take you for a drive

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
It will, clutch is a wearable part so if it does In the 2 years he has it, he'll be paying the cost, happened to my brothers manual golf R after 5000 miles, also the dsg is no extra cost on the cupra so I'd go dsg everytime

Sorry I don’t regard a clutch going after 5k fair wear and tear I’ve a manual and the clutch feels fine. I would only go for the dsg if I was doing high mileage pottering around town I prefer the manual.

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
Sorry I don’t regard a clutch going after 5k fair wear and tear I’ve a manual and the clutch feels fine. I would only go for the dsg if I was doing high mileage pottering around town I prefer the manual.

Unfortunately that decision isn't up to you, the manual clutch is so poor that the golf R and s3 are now dropping it completely, you don't hear of many cupra manual clutches going due to them being front wheel drive and the tyres let go before the clutch, different story with 4 wheel drive, this isn't a dig at the manual as I've got one, but compared to other manuals on the market its a poor feeling box

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.