MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
I read a review on Auto Express, they rate the Conti's 3rd overall, but 1st in dry handling, 1st in wet handling and 2nd in wet braking.

I've had the car a little over a week and it's rained every day since and so far I have been pretty impressed with the tyres, so no complaints from me either.

Good to know! They certainly have worked well for me too. My only negative experience of Contis in the past has been a bit of noise and awful wear rate. I’m not expecting to see more than 8k miles even with sensible driving.

madpete76

Dec 6, 2017
Mine's been sat at the port for nearly two weeks, I was really hoping it would of been ready by the end of this week!

Apparently once it arrives at the dealership I need to sign some documents and then wait 48 hours before I can collect? Has anyone else had to do this?

I went through the entire process at the dealership so nothing is online / through a lease company

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended), waiting, waiting, waiting...

I think my car has been there 2-3 weeks, I asked on here once and was told upto 3 weeks is the norm.

From what I've read, again this seems normal but when I hear something I'll post.

When I got my VRS, I just signed everything on the day I went to collect it... So not sure if different dealers / companies do things differently.

misil_espanol

Feb 27, 2018
I'm in the same boat (no pun intended), waiting, waiting, waiting...

I think my car has been there 2-3 weeks, I asked on here once and was told upto 3 weeks is the norm.

From what I've read, again this seems normal but when I hear something I'll post.

When I got my VRS, I just signed everything on the day I went to collect it... So not sure if different dealers / companies do things differently.

Thanks for the reply; that's put my mind at ease a little bit but the whole 48 hours after signing thing still seems a little strange.

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Re paperwork. The dealership I ordered from is a long long way from me (best deal). I was sent everything to sign in advance via email. I then had to sign and return via post along with my driving license and some proof of address. Had everything back the next day. Perhaps see if that’s an option? They need to know the car VIN/registration to do the paperwork though.

O1I1

Mar 22, 2018
Derbyshire
Ive just found a Promo code for progressiveparts.com if anyones interested? Ive just ordered a resonator delete for my new cupra 300 st. this gives 20% off! Think its for 7 days only

CUPRARESDEL

Proby

I Luv Boost!!
Aug 17, 2009
Well, my Cupra 300 finally turned up today. Ordered 6th October last year, so pretty much 6 months exactly. Now to put some miles on it so I can give it some beans. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

madpete76

Dec 6, 2017
Try
Thanks for the reply; that's put my mind at ease a little bit but the whole 48 hours after signing thing still seems a little strange.

I was informed the dealer has my car as of today, they emailed contacts over to sign which I printed, signed, photo'd, and emailed them back straight away.

Unfortunately the earliest they will let me collect is 12 days from now, which I'm a bit surprised about, but apparently that's the earliest they can do it. I wasn't expecting it to take that long.

Now mentally preparing myself for more waiting!

Last edited:

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Mine took 6 months. Enjoying the manual box - didn't realise the books had closed!

Had other pictures on the "what did you do with your.." thread, but here's another from yesterday's cleaning mission:

IMG_0167_dr.jpg

Mobile phones can take some pretty smart photos these days!

Last edited:

iang27

Mar 30, 2018
I just read that Seat have closed orders for the manual now as mentioned above and they are no longer going to make the 3 door along with the rest of the VW group.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Current lead time is 18-20 weeks on DSG-auto. Manual ordering closed yesterday.
Hi Scrogg,

Is this indefinitely?

Don't know if you know my back story but I was screwed over by SEAT.

They ordered the wrong car back in October and have failed to resubmit my order, due to the price changes in 2018.
Mine was a manual. Does this mean I'll no longer be able to get one?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Xile

Jan 30, 2018
Mine took 6 months. Enjoying the manual box - didn't realise the books had closed!

Had other pictures on the "what did you do with your.." thread, but here's another from yesterday's cleaning mission:

IMG_0167_dr.jpg

Nice photo. That colour is growing on me. I didn't even consider it when I ordered mine, but I would if I was ordering one now.

jammer

Feb 20, 2018

IMG_0167_dr.jpg

Glad I ordered mine in Desire Red now.......:D

RadCordy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
good plan! How are you fitting that? wont you have to remove it when you return?

They are only screwed to the underside of the bumper so when it's removed you won't see the holes. I'll run a skim of sikaflex round the back to hold it tight, doubt they will have a look under there when inspecting it!

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Is this indefinitely?
I believe that it is only until the engine has been tested under the WLTP regulations, and that it will then be available again from September production...

...but that is an educated guess based on minimal information we have been given so far!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I believe that it is only until the engine has been tested under the WLTP regulations, and that it will then be available again from September production...

...but that is an educated guess based on minimal information we have been given so far!

Scrogg,

I've just had to raise this with my dealership as they weren't aware of any changes.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jammer

Feb 20, 2018
EXCITED....

Had a call, the Cupra has been built and is on a train to the port. A LOT quicker than expected.. As was only ordered end of Feb...

silles

May 4, 2017
EXCITED....

Had a call, the Cupra has been built and is on a train to the port. A LOT quicker than expected.. As was only ordered end of Feb...

happy days ... same here. ordered in Feb , already in the UK just waiting for paperwork. 2 weeks to go :rolleyes:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.