Ibiza fr master cylinder question

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
Brakes have started to feel funny, no air as I’ve bleed them, pedal isn’t too firm and not very sharp brakes. just wondering if anyone has changed their master cylinder or put another one from another car on if so from what car? Ie mk5 Ibiza to mk4.
Regards
Nick

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
If I press the pedal and hold it, it will eventually go to the floor. When I first start the car of a morning, the pedal is very firm to press, then once started is very soft.

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
assuming there are no leaks it looks like the mastercylinder is worn/damaged (possibly by improper bleeding) I would want to clamp each hose and recheck before spending the time/money, there is no reason to fit one from another car unless you know it's the same part number

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
Cheers Cheshire Cat, I was just thinking to improve the brakes as prior to the problem they weee never brilliant. I have had 2 fabia vrs which are Identical running gear but was impressed by the brake ability?
Regards
Nick

briscoe

Apr 16, 2013
Ha ha all brand new discs and pads front and back. Just expecting them to be better than they are maybe

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Mines the same... just had a calliper changed on rear today and the garage are struggling to bleed it out. It's back in tomorrow for full flush and bleed. All discs and pads new/under 12months old, braided front hoses... Will report back...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.