Removal or ST roof rails/roof lining

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Does anyone know to to remove the roof rails that are fitted to the ST. I want to wrap mine black. If it's done from the inside out is their any considerations I need to take when removing the roof lining and pillars?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Does anyone know to to remove the roof rails that are fitted to the ST. I want to wrap mine black. If it's done from the inside out is their any considerations I need to take when removing the roof lining and pillars?

Thanks

Those would look very nice in black

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
Those would look very nice in black

Yeah exactly what I was thinking against the alor blue paint. Nice contrast.

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Yeah exactly what I was thinking against the alor blue paint. Nice contrast.

But wouldn't it be easier just to get a company to wrap them without taking them off? Unless you are actually using them for a roof rack then they wouldn't get a lot of wear and tear?

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
But wouldn't it be easier just to get a company to wrap them without taking them off? Unless you are actually using them for a roof rack then they wouldn't get a lot of wear and tear?

For me they don't have functional use. As the boot space is more that adequate for my needs. I do agree they would get battered if used as intended. I mean I could wrap them without taking them off I'd just want the wrap to be tucked under. OCD problems

p.eco

Jun 24, 2014
Ireland
no there is a gap that allows for a foil to be nicely cut and bend over the edge. just give it experienced person and you'll be good...

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow

Thanks

I think there is an airbag at the top of the centre pillars, may be a problem.

Glarh

Apr 6, 2016
no there is a gap that allows for a foil to be nicely cut and bend over the edge. just give it experienced person and you'll be good...
Appreciate that mate. Thanks

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.