Calling Cupra experts

Xile

Jan 30, 2018
I have always driven manuals, but after reading/watching lots of reviews I decided to go with the DSG, and I am so glad I did. Plant your foot on the floor and get a much greater sensation of acceleration, and bear in mind it is 1 second quicker to 60 than the manual. If you get the DSG you will not be disappointed, and it's satisfying watching tailgaters disappear from view in your rear view mirror!

Last edited:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Hmm a fair point but I feel like the manual Cupra At 5.9s or whatever it is will still be faster than the vast majority of cars you come across. There’s plenty of times where my FR pulls away from tailgaters, any form of Cupra will be different for me haha. I’ll try test both but I think I’d lean manual out of preference and youthful exuberance of gear changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Yes, would be no different than doing a couple of track days and killing your pads/tyres, wareable parts are covered by the owner, unless you have a service package

I think a clutch is in a different ball game to Pads and tyres, 5k will amount around 5mths driving for some under that !!!! So after owning the car say 4mths you would except the clutch going due to wear and tear.

I don't think so :censored:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Thanks, might be worth it just to look at them!

Should have added that I’d be looking to get a 5/3 door hatch and manual if/when I do get one

I would not touch that car, saw it on Wednesday with passenger side front bumper damage all patched up with gafa tape. Then saw one of the managers ragging it down the road when I went for a walkabout!!

My brand new car was in to have scratches removed from the bonnet and wings that they caused from badly parking it!! Then tried to deny and tell me I caused them [:@] Sadly, some remain and looks like a wing and bonnet respray if I want it sorting properly.

TBH the service and attitude from them has been shocking - pretty poor dealership at the moment...

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I would not touch that car, saw it on Wednesday with passenger side front bumper damage all patched up with gafa tape. Then saw one of the managers ragging it down the road when I went for a walkabout!!

My brand new car was in to have scratches removed from the bonnet and wings that they caused from badly parking it!! Then tried to deny and tell me I caused them [:@] Sadly, some remain and looks like a wing and bonnet respray if I want it sorting properly.

TBH the service and attitude from them has been shocking - pretty poor dealership at the moment...

This Derby? I went there before I got my FR on lease to see what they’ve offer me for my Corsa black edition and the guy was spanking it haha. I have 0 intention of buying from them or dealing with them in any way other than to view the car! My FR gets serviced and stuff by Pentagon in Nottingham and I haven’t had any issues so far!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
This Derby? I went there before I got my FR on lease to see what they’ve offer me for my Corsa black edition and the guy was spanking it haha. I have 0 intention of buying from them or dealing with them in any way other than to view the car! My FR gets serviced and stuff by Pentagon in Nottingham and I haven’t had any issues so far!

Yep, Bristol Street, if I don't end up rejecting the car I won't touch them either and go to Pentagon Nottingham for repair/service. 50/50 to reject it as do not trust them one bit to either sort...

Their car park it total mayhem, the smart repair guy who tried to get the scratches out said "I am surprised more cars don't get damaged here."

Worth having a look to see how they treat a nice looking Cupra :rofl:

Last edited:

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017

On Pride Park mate ?? Mines due a service and that’s my nearest seat dealer where I’ve got to take it :cry:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
On Pride Park mate ?? Mines due a service and that’s my nearest seat dealer where I’ve got to take it :cry:

Yeah mate, wouldn’t catch me round there often as a Forest fan. Felt from the second I walked in that they wanted me out. Staff seem like the sort you’d see down a Spoons at 11 in the morning 4 pints deep.

I was minutes from buying an FR 184 ex demo for around 17k but thankfully someone online bought it, or so they say...that was after my step mum had noticed some swirling in the paint work from some dodgy cleaning job I imagine!

Like I say I’ve had no issues with Pentagon in Nottingham and it’s not too far away since it’s chilwell side

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Yeah mate, wouldn’t catch me round there often as a Forest fan. Felt from the second I walked in that they wanted me out. Staff seem like the sort you’d see down a Spoons at 11 in the morning 4 pints deep.

I was minutes from buying an FR 184 ex demo for around 17k but thankfully someone online bought it, or so they say...that was after my step mum had noticed some swirling in the paint work from some dodgy cleaning job I imagine!

Like I say I’ve had no issues with Pentagon in Nottingham and it’s not too far away since it’s chilwell side

Ok mate thanks for the heads up not sure if I can drive in Nottinghamshire against my tradition COYR

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Ok mate thanks for the heads up not sure if I can drive in Nottinghamshire against my tradition COYR

I’d say keep it quiet that you support Derby but based on recent performances I’m sure it would just amuse people more than anything ;)

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
I’d say keep it quiet that you support Derby but based on recent performances I’m sure it would just amuse people more than anything ;)

I wouldn’t swap with the tree hugggers down the road mate despite the usual collapse , I think I will look at taking it to the Chesterfield dealer not much in it for me.

Last edited:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I wouldn’t swap with the tree hugggers down the road mate despite the usual collapse , I think I will look at taking it to the Chesterfield dealer not much in it for me.

Haha a case of misfortune by birth, let me know if they have any 300s in!

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
I think a clutch is in a different ball game to Pads and tyres, 5k will amount around 5mths driving for some under that !!!! So after owning the car say 4mths you would except the clutch going due to wear and tear.

I don't think so :censored:

Every car? No I'd agree, but it does happen to some cars, plenty of threads on it in the gold forum

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
Hmm never really fancied DSG. I’m 23 and DSG has always seemed a bit dull and lacking the ‘feel’ of driving. I may be wrong with Cupras, just need to find one to test drive....

I think I felt like that at age 23. By about 26 my left foot wanted to retire. At age 33 I finally got my auto DSG... wouldn’t go back now and hope I never have to. But lets be ‘sensible’, if I could afford to run a Ferrari 308 along side my Cupra I’d happily bring my left foot out of retirement.

Joking aside, you may lose a little involvement in not having a manual but realistically how often in this country can you go for a decent blast in the car without having to keep changing from 5th to 4th and back to 5th again because the Nissan Note in front of you keeps going from 50mph to 35mph for no reason.

The DSG is a little jerky when cold and at very low speed but when your foot is down it will fire through the gears without so much as a jolt!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby

I have the pleasure of living in Derby but support Forest as my hometown :rofl:

hitchygolf1971

May 4, 2017
Every car? No I'd agree, but it does happen to some cars, plenty of threads on it in the gold forum

Yes no doubt it happens to the very unlucky if your from Nottinghamshire or live in Derby and support the Florist your born unlucky :funk: But joking aside I think if you had that issue in that amount of time or mileage you would be covered. Unless they can prove you've been ragging it around a race track that in my opinion is then not fair ware and tear.

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
I think I felt like that at age 23. By about 26 my left foot wanted to retire. At age 33 I finally got my auto DSG... wouldn’t go back now and hope I never have to. But lets be ‘sensible’, if I could afford to run a Ferrari 308 along side my Cupra I’d happily bring my left foot out of retirement.

Joking aside, you may lose a little involvement in not having a manual but realistically how often in this country can you go for a decent blast in the car without having to keep changing from 5th to 4th and back to 5th again because the Nissan Note in front of you keeps going from 50mph to 35mph for no reason.

The DSG is a little jerky when cold and at very low speed but when your foot is down it will fire through the gears without so much as a jolt!

I made it to 48 without touching automatics but was interested enough to jump to dsg.
Still like to change gear when I want to so 95% of the time use paddles or stick. I find in Drive it changes up too soon (5th gear at 34mph) and stop start kicks in when you don't want it to when slowing down. In sport it holds the gears too long for road driving.
Overall really love it when I control the gear change and would recommend it if that is the way you want to use it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
I made it to 48 without touching automatics but was interested enough to jump to dsg.
Still like to change gear when I want to so 95% of the time use paddles or stick. I find in Drive it changes up too soon (5th gear at 34mph) and stop start kicks in when you don't want it to when slowing down. In sport it holds the gears too long for road driving.
Overall really love it when I control the gear change and would recommend it if that is the way you want to use it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I turned off stop/ start with carista. Sport mode defiantly holds onto the gears too long for normal driving but it helps when overtaking or showing a 320d who’s boss