Need to switch off Actuator

marcuscupra300

Jan 23, 2018
Its one of 2 things on my car that rally spoil it for me, 1 the stupid noise and 2 the driver information resetting the bloody dials so they pretty much all end up showing oil temp. I assume the only one i can change is the stupid noise in Cupra engine mode, can anybody in Bristol do that for me or do i need to buy an OBD11 myself?

Thanks in advance :)

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Its one of 2 things on my car that rally spoil it for me, 1 the stupid noise and 2 the driver information resetting the bloody dials so they pretty much all end up showing oil temp. I assume the only one i can change is the stupid noise in Cupra engine mode, can anybody in Bristol do that for me or do i need to buy an OBD11 myself?

Assuming it's it the same place as the 280/290 it should be possible to unplug it. Otherwise if you know someone with Carista they should ( again, as long as it's the same as the 280/90) be able to turn it down.

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site

I am a bit far down the road at Brize Norton, but if you are passing happy to help, I have full VCDS and VAG Com cable.

cupraboss

Dec 27, 2015
Easiest way is to unplug ir mate. I also didnt like the fake sound coming from the actuator. There are threads on this forum detailing how to do it with pictures

Wings988

Oct 27, 2011
Derbyshire
How does all this feedback get back to SEAT? I see lots of folk wanting to turn it off, I do too as it's crap. Why on earth do they even fit it, who actually decided people wanted it? they could save themselves a few quid a car by not even having it and who would complain.....:confused: someone needs to tell them.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
How does all this feedback get back to SEAT? I see lots of folk wanting to turn it off, I do too as it's crap. Why on earth do they even fit it, who actually decided people wanted it? they could save themselves a few quid a car by not even having it and who would complain.....:confused: someone needs to tell them.
I agree, I for one could do without it, I'd rather have... Height adjustable seat belts [:@] a proper sat nav, not a toys r us reject [:@] and instead of the pointless footwell lights ( I know where my feet are and the pedals ffs) more power to the headlights .... I need a lie down..

iang27

Mar 30, 2018
My kids think the car sounds great but I would prefer it disconnected.
If it is unplugged ( wherever it is hidden ) do you get a fault light on the dash ?

My sports gauges also keep changing for some reason as well.

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
I turned the Soundaktor off with the Carista app

In Sport & Cupra driving mode's it sounded as tho' there was no air filter in!

TBH I found the same noise effect in dynamic mode on the Mk3 TT service loan vehicle I had

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
My kids think the car sounds great but I would prefer it disconnected.
If it is unplugged ( wherever it is hidden ) do you get a fault light on the dash ?

My sports gauges also keep changing for some reason as well.
It shouldn't put a warning light on if you disconnect it.
As for the gauges... My 290 does it, but my Passat doesn't.

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
I need to turn off this noise on my 300.
Whats the best way of doing it? Its on a lease so need to have it back to normal when I hand it back.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I need to turn off this noise on my 300.
Whats the best way of doing it? Its on a lease so need to have it back to normal when I hand it back.

Find someone local with OBD11, Carista or VCDS to turn it off

OR

Go under the wiper scuttle and just unplug it.

SiR26

Mar 21, 2015
Manchester
I thought about unplugging mine but the car is too quiet without it imo so thought better of it . I guess you can’t have refinement and real sporty engine notes!

liamleon

FRRR
Apr 26, 2017
I thought about unplugging mine but the car is too quiet without it imo so thought better of it . I guess you can’t have refinement and real sporty engine notes!

couldn't agree more I am currently playing with the speaker volume to find a happy medium. car is super quite turned off. unbeliable

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
couldn't agree more I am currently playing with the speaker volume to find a happy medium. car is super quite turned off. unbeliable

Yeps, I agree with these statement - already twice I walked out of the car and wondered why I could not lock it :)
...the engine was still running and I did not notice! :D

I found the sweet spot for the actuator volume to be at 30% (down from the absurd 100% it came set as...)

I set it using OBDeleven.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.