Dashboard indicator light

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
My right hand indicator light isn't flashing on the dashboard. I still hear the clicks and the lights are working outside.

Does anyone know if the indicator lights are normal bulbs that are easy enough to replace or LEDs? Since I really don't trust myself with a soldering iron these days.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
My right hand indicator light isn't flashing on the dashboard. I still hear the clicks and the lights are working outside.

Does anyone know if the indicator lights are normal bulbs that are easy enough to replace or LEDs? Since I really don't trust myself with a soldering iron these days.

Push in 5w I believe. Could replace all with LED's while your there.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Thanks, if they're normal bulbs I may have a go at replacing them.

I've seen videos of the LEDs being replaced and I don't fancy doing that. With my soldering skills I'd either likely burn myself or break the instrument cluster.

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
Looking around I see that both have been used so might be that you will need that soldering iron or get a replacement unit.

Btw, are the hazards OK?

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Noticed it when using the hazard switch to flash a thank you to another driver. Stopped the car put them back on and thankfully the outside lights are all still working.

It's the first TDI 110 model, with the older instrument cluster. It doesn't have things like an engine management light. Guess the only way to tell is opening it up. Think I may leave it until more of the lights stop working before getting busy with the screw driver/soldering iron.

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
Hi there.

Sorry to tell there are only LED's inside the cluster.
I've changed the dash color from red to white and if you don't feel confortable near a solder iron then leave it. Better ask someone to do it for you or else you could ruin the entire dash track.

Theres a guide here on SCN how to remove cluster.

Regards.

chriswales6

Mar 2, 2016
Thanks, I'll leave it alone unless any more start failing.

I don't think it's an MOT failure, just slightly annoying when you look at the dash.,