Rear strut brace

verbal_kint

Apr 15, 2010
North West Kent
I've only got a rear ARB fitted and that made an immense difference. I would think the single rear strut brace that runs from the top of each shock good enough... and easier to fit.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
HI, I have one of these fitted in my car, looks great and probably stiffens up my car. I say probably as my car has quite a few suspension upgrades that stiffened it up and it's hard to tell if it made a difference to be honest. I fitted it so I could put in my Harnesses correctly. Would recommend just for the look. I'll get a photo up here when I've found one.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
HI, I have one of these fitted in my car, looks great and probably stiffens up my car. I say probably as my car has quite a few suspension upgrades that stiffened it up and it's hard to tell if it made a difference to be honest. I fitted it so I could put in my Harnesses correctly. Would recommend just for the look. I'll get a photo up here when I've found one.

I would add not the easiest thing to fit as involved drilling 4 big holes in the strut towers which are double skinned in places and the tool supplied to put in the Rivnuts is not the easiest thing to use ( I made up my own with some threaded rod, a washer and an oversized nut plus mole grips and a couple of spanners!).

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York

Would NOT mount your harnesses to it. Death trap.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Sorry, they are not mounted to it, they are mounted to the existing rear seat belt bolt mounts), they go over it (well down at an angle) which meets the requirements (and instructions) of how to mount harnesses (never mount them straight down to the floor). I also used heavier duty rivnuts to secure my brace, it ain't going anywhere.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I did used to have rear strut braces in mine and did make a notable difference however being as ive had my leon an eternity they were older style non direct fitment.
Now replaced with a full weld international race cage although this stiffened the car much more

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members