Reversing light

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
I have recently got a 2017 Leon excellence Tec TDI and totally love it but one gripe is the reversing light, it has only got one on the nearside (Fog light on Offside) but I have to reverse into a very dark area and there is not
enough light to light the rear up
Has any one else found this to be a problem and hopefully a solution ?

Bring on the late light nights !

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
You can get and led light which helps immensely. There's a few threads on here for that.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
I'm in the same boat, nearly ran into my side wall as was reversing out of my driveway in the rain the other night. I genuinely couldn't see anything behind me and the rear parking sensors saved me from a scrape.

TheVoice

Jun 11, 2016
Scotland
That was about the same as my eBay one cost me, it lasted about a year then failed. The ABD one has been good so far, they aren't cheap but it's a good quality bulb.

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
That was about the same as my eBay one cost me, it lasted about a year then failed. The ABD one has been good so far, they aren't cheap but it's a good quality bulb.
The one I got was for another car, and worked ok in that and removed it when we got the leon and this LED has a 5 year warranty
and it works but just comes up on the dash with the error

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Is your reversing light a t15 bulb? That's usually sidelights.. Reverse is a 382, unless they've changed it in facelifts.
They were changed for Facelift and actually there is only one single bulb now.
It was like a joke, really - the light output was ridiculous.
I have LEDs EVERYWHERE in the car so why would they save on that single bulb?
Makes no sense whatsoever :)
--edit--

And this is a W16W - think the "usual" sidelights are T10/W5W, no?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
They were changed for Facelift and actually there is only one single bulb now.
It was like a joke, really - the light output was ridiculous.
I have LEDs EVERYWHERE in the car so why would they save on that single bulb?
Makes no sense whatsoever :)
--edit--

And this is a W16W - think the "usual" sidelights are T10/W5W, no?

There only ever was one single bulb - as you say - pathetic attempt at a reversing light.

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
Anyone know how to check what bulb is required either a wedge fit or bayonet without removing the bulb itself? Also any ideas on how to do it? I've got a 2017 Leon SC and the reverse light bulb sits on the boot opening, is there a access flap to only change the reverse light bulb?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.