Sat Nav Upgrade

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
I've got a 64 reg Leon ST 1.8 ST DSG and it has the standard sat nav 5F0919603A. While this works fine I've noticed that newer models have a larger nicer screen that looks better and doesn't have as much plastic between the screen and buttons.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit the newer display that has a larger screen. This is the 5F0919604A.

Any advice/help much appreciated.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Will it physically fit - yes I expect so - the outside size of the unit has not changed.

The issue you will have is getting it working - they have component protection built in so it needs coding to the car.

MadeInYorkshire

Jan 25, 2018
Thanks for the replies.
There seem to be quite a few used ones available on ebay so the cost of the unit isn't too much of a problem, especially as I could then sell my own to recoup some of the cost.
the problem, as always will be to get the car and the sat nav to successfully communicate with each other.
Is this something someone with VCDS could easily do?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
it will physically fit yes but the 604 screen isn't compatible with the processor (the bit in glovebox with memory cards in it) from the 603 screen.

unfortunately the only processor that can be hacked as well is a harman headunit which sells for £500+ on ebay.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.