what did you and your mk3 leon do today

BigG.S-O-T

May 17, 2015
I took advantage of the good weather this morning and a late shift and gave my Cupra a good needed wash, then took it up near Buxton for some photos :lol:

20180416_111750_crop_808x751.jpg

Izomezzo

Apr 9, 2017
Leeds
Well I pranged my car today in the car park. Thought I'd done a great job squeezing out of the car park, only to find when I got out this mess...

Bad start to the week...

Attachments

• received_10216041086409763.jpeg
    received_10216041086409763.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 134

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
Today I took my 2014 1.6 TDI Tech in to my dealer and part exchanged it for a 2017 1.4 FR!

Wow what an upgrade, so many nice touches that have been improved inside and outside. Definitely an eye catching car.

The electronic handbrake is taking some getting used to though!

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Well I pranged my car today in the car park. Thought I'd done a great job squeezing out of the car park, only to find when I got out this mess...

Bad start to the week...

Oh dear, that's not good! Are you sure you did it? I would have thought you would have felt that happening.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
I have never driven a car with an electronic handbrake! Or do people jsut keep it on auto most of the time?
On the day I picked my car up, I tried to use the electric handbrake as I would a manual one. It wasn't great and I was thinking I had made a big mistake getting rid of the Cupra 280 with a manual handbrake and buying the 300. However, I then discovered the auto setting (note to self, pay attention during the car handover) and that is what I have used ever since. You pretty much forget about the hand brake, the car just does it for you and I have found it works really well.

Reactions: jammer

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
On the day I picked my car up, I tried to use the electric handbrake as I would a manual one. It wasn't great and I was thinking I had made a big mistake getting rid of the Cupra 280 with a manual handbrake and buying the 300. However, I then discovered the auto setting (note to self, pay attention during the car handover) and that is what I have used ever since. You pretty much forget about the hand brake, the car just does it for you and I have found it works really well.

Currently preferring to use mine almost like a manual handbrake.

Come to a stop - apply handbrake with pull of lever.
Just set off when ready - the handbrake automatically releases.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
I must admit, I really like the auto hill hold. Find it better than the wife's C Max in that respect, seems to hold that little bit longer.

So 2.5 weeks sat on the drive whilst I was away driving a 1l polo, felt like a rocket ship! Cleaned the inside, but the outside might have to wait, garden is the priority :(

Plus side to nicer weather, MPG has been 57/58 all week on my drive to and from work. Might get an all time best on the tank :funk:

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
It doesn't apply the handbrake, just holds it on the brake for you. If you check out reflections etc your brake lights will still be on. A pull on the lever and the handbrake is applied and brake lights go off.

sfmk2.

Apr 5, 2012
Yesterday the lady got a clean inside and out, and I fitted my new wiper blades.

Also just swapped out the useless reverse bulb with a brighter LED one :footysup:.

Next task is to remove the red filter from the rear fog and activate that as a second reverse light.

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
Yesterday the lady got a clean inside and out, and I fitted my new wiper blades.

Also just swapped out the useless reverse bulb with a brighter LED one :footysup:.

Next task is to remove the red filter from the rear fog and activate that as a second reverse light.

:cop: That'll be an MOT failure, unless you fit another ancillary fog light as well...

http://www.ukmot.com/manual/1.3/Rear-Fog-Lamps#MOT

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Had to replace the lower grill yesterday after I collected the replacement. Bit of a fiddly job but not too difficult. As the original grill was for the bin anyway I ended up cutting out the grill itself leaving just the frame in place clipped in. This allowed me to reach the clips easily from the front of the car.
sEWmIxCBfijcGDRs2

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180419-192254.jpg
    Screenshot_20180419-192254.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: indyjones

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
554d16b4cf508acc520109375c825a26.jpg

Took the Cupra for drive to St. Margaret’s Bay for a quick pint in this hot weather we’re having in the southeast. Spotted this Twisted Defender in the car park . There was also a Porsche C4S, AMG SLK and a V10 R8... some wealthy people out and about by the Kent seaside this eves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018
479192dcdea57c97d01b0a300dba2c75.jpg
bdad5df4e66292bc83d0fd47167b3120.jpg
63b1ba028212b6414c9f30476eacb723.jpg

I went and played the dyno lottery today... 298bhp from a stock map. RamAir induction kit and a centre silencer delete are the only mods. Hugely tempted by a stage 1 map now though ‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mangler07

May 30, 2015
Used carista for a few things.

1. Needle sweep on start up - just happened to see this was an option so thought, aye, why the hell not. It's a nice touch.

2. Changed auto mirror fold to 1 click. I actually can't even understand why it's set to press and hold for 3 seconds, especially for those with Kessey asit means standing with your finger on the lock sensor if you don't want to use the key. Really cannot determine why the standard setting isn't for them to fold on first lock, it's actually an inconvenience.

3. Turned refuel quantity on. Again,just noticed it and thought why not.

Also manually set the equaliser settings for sound.

All very interesting I'm sure you'll agree

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Used carista for a few things.

1. Needle sweep on start up - just happened to see this was an option so thought, aye, why the hell not. It's a nice touch.

2. Changed auto mirror fold to 1 click. I actually can't even understand why it's set to press and hold for 3 seconds, especially for those with Kessey asit means standing with your finger on the lock sensor if you don't want to use the key. Really cannot determine why the standard setting isn't for them to fold on first lock, it's actually an inconvenience.

3. Turned refuel quantity on. Again,just noticed it and thought why not.

Also manually set the equaliser settings for sound.

All very interesting I'm sure you'll agree
emoji848.png

ciaranmcw

Apr 21, 2018
I picked up a Blanco White 2014 Leon FR 184 TDI on Thursday.
Such a difference from the 1.6 TDCI Focus I had. I have been looking for excuses to drive it :happy:

I'm looking through the whole thread for ideas, and so far I want to
  • Plasti dip the bottom white bumper part
  • Ordered the Door Lock FR covers from AliExpress
  • Looking at getting a Carista or similar but any help on that aspect is appreciated as I have never used a OBD Diagnostics.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members