R600 intake on Cupra 290

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I picked up my new Racingline R600 kit yesterday - the box was enormous!

I took the opportunity to also replace the turbo muffler delete, turbo inlet pipe and turbo elbow at the same time - took about an hour to replace everything (even with a screw dropped and retrieved from the bottom tray!)

First impressions is that the engine bay is much tidier:

BEFORE
645a7751bfd23069d5e92b3d86ce52ba.jpg

AFTER
0b6cc7c2ea0d34a8cd3eb420e0afaedb.jpg

Had to use a Stanley knife to trim a small triangular piece of plastic away from the front left screw hole for it to fit flush, but other than that, it fit perfectly.

The seals on the muffler delete are a bit flimsy so either order spares ahead of time if you plan on replacing it or run the risk of snappage!

Also got a Racingline badge (which I'm undecided on at the moment):

b43ea0ffb4d5900181616f27c4a40071.jpg

After a short test drive, the throttle response was certainly a lot more lively and the suction noise from the air filter was certainly more noticeable. The turbo whistle was much more noticeable too. However the best thing about it all is the exhaust pops (even on idle). They are much louder and much more frequent, especially on the overrun from 4K revs to as low as around 2k. Acceleration was certainly improved, less lag before the turbo kicked in but still a bit of hesitation before it decides to go. Much better than it was before.

Overall, please so far. No explosions and no imminent fail detected yet :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gilesc

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I was the first person to fit the VWR R600 to a Cupra as I live next door to VWR so we did the test fit, a bit annoying you have to make a small modification whereas with the Golf R you don't but thats SEAT being cheap for you.

Car will benefit massively if you install a bigger turbo intake pipe.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I was the first person to fit the VWR R600 to a Cupra as I live next door to VWR so we did the test fit, a bit annoying you have to make a small modification whereas with the Golf R you don't but thats SEAT being cheap for you.

Car will benefit massively if you install a bigger turbo intake pipe.

I used the VWR turbo inlet, elbow 90 and muffler delete also during the upgrade. Was a right faff to get to the jubilee clips for them and the muffler delete annoyingly has offset screw holes so took a few attempts to get right.

How are you finding it?

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition
Racingline R600 intake

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Oh yeh I didn't spot them in the photo! I've been running it for 2 years no issues at all, IMHO the VWR R600 is best intake for MQB platform.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Out of curiosity - do you get your car serviced at Seat, and if so, how do the Engine mods go down with them? Or do they just step and work around them?

Seat Leon Cupra 290 DSG Black Edition
Racingline R600 intake

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Hi,
I was thinking of getting the R600 for my cupra. Did you have to move your windscreen washer tank before installing the R600 intake system?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise