Attention anyone due to collect new car!!

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Well the attached brochure stated that wireless charger is standard on Xcellence. On the FR, it didn't mention anything. i guess if you select some options (could be part of a bigger main option) you could get it. I test drove a Leon FR Mk3 facelift last weekend, no wireless charger, just a rubberised area to put your phone. UK speced car, outside UK, I can't comment.

silles

May 4, 2017
hmm, ok u guys right no wireless charger ... my mistake. I miss read the bl**dy brochure

well that's disappointing , but at least i'm not affected :D

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Affecting Golfs as well. Posted on one of the Golf forums;

Delivery stop for vehicles fitted with wireless smartphone charger, advanced telephone connection and business mobile phone interface

Retailers are to stop delivery of all new vehicles containing certain optional phone preparations to customers with immediate effect.

These phone preparation options normally include a component which amplifies mobile phone signals. Regrettably, due to technical and regulatory constraints, we are unable to provide this function at this moment in time.

All other functions of these options, such as wireless charging and dual phone Bluetooth connection will continue to be fully operational without any restrictions.

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
No further info from seat customer services or dealer as of 10am this morning, except that there should be another update within 5 working days. Really hope its a quick fix of unplugging the signal booster and signing to accept this. Dealer has lent me a demo leon which is good - helps me get used to a leon i suppose, except with a 3rd of the power!

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Is this maybe some UK thing?
SEAT have today confirmed this is a UK only issue.

Really hope its a quick fix of unplugging the signal booster and signing to accept this.
It is exactly that. Fix details were published by SEAT at about 12pm today. The job takes less than half an hour, so barely an inconvenience on a by car basis.

Reactions: jammer

silles

May 4, 2017

It is exactly that. Fix details were published by SEAT at about 12pm today. The job takes less than half an hour, so barely an inconvenience on a by car basis.

just cut the red write ... oh no wait the blue one

jammer

Feb 20, 2018

Awesome so it shouldn't hold up collections too much then

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
A

Ah great, will give my dealer a call to see what the estimate is. Do u know what the fix involves - simple disconnection/removal/software fix?

Tim A

Apr 20, 2018
Hi everyone................please don't mug me as I'm from the Skoda forum www.briskoda.net.

We have the same issues relating to the 'phonebook' wireless charger.

I was due to collect my 18 plate Skoda Karoq this morning but due the the 'holding' of cars that have this issue this was not possible.

I drove over to the Skoda dealership this morning to leave them my trusty and reliable Skoda Yeti as the insurance expires tonight, and I collected a Fabia Monte Carlo as a loan car.

When I arrived at the dealership, Josh the salesman said he had good news that a temporary solution he'd been implemented which meant disabling the wireless charging facility which would also disable the signal amplification.

The fix takes approximately an hour or so and a disclaimer was signed by me ready to be Skoda UK to enable them to release my car so Josh could tax it.

I am collecting the car tomorrow lunchtime, and josh hinted that a fix would be forthcoming in the VERY near future. :funk:

Although I cannot speak for SEAT dealerships it should at least give anyone waiting for their brand new Seat some hope and comfort that they will be able to collect it very soon.

Thanks for treating me nicely.
Macdemon from www.briskoda.net

Reactions: jammer

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Hi everyone................please don't mug me as I'm from the Skoda forum www.briskoda.net.

I was due to collect my 18 plate Skoda Karoq this morning but due the the 'holding' of cars that have this issue this was not possible.

I drove over to the Skoda dealership this morning to leave them my trusty and reliable Skoda Yeti as the insurance expires tonight, and I collected a Fabia Monte Carlo as a loan car.

When I arrived at the dealership, Josh the salesman said he had good news that a temporary solution he'd been implemented which meant disabling the wireless charging facility which would also disable the signal amplification.

The fix takes approximately an hour or so and a disclaimer was signed by me ready to be Skoda UK to enable them to release my car so Josh could tax it.

I am collecting the car tomorrow lunchtime, and josh hinted that a fix would be forthcoming in the VERY near future. :funk:

Although I cannot speak for SEAT dealerships it should at least give anyone waiting for their brand new Seat some hope and comfort that they will be able to collect it very soon.

Thanks for the info Tim,

I am also a Briskodian due to owning a couple of Octavia VRS's in the past and still occasionally visit due to my wife having a cracking little 1.2TSI Fabia SEL. You also have a good taste in dog breeds if the GSD in your avatar is yours.

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017

Thats great news Tim, thanks for posting. Hopefully i can pick mine up over weekend, or monday latest if i meed to wait till service department is open.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
...and josh hinted that a fix would be forthcoming in the VERY near future. :funk:
I am sure Josh means well, but I have a horrible feeling he is mistaken.

The fix is the same for all VAG models - removal of the mobile 'phone signal amplifier unit - and there is no "temporary solution".

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I guess they get recalled.
It's surprising that VAG group didn't check UK law regarding mobile phone active signal boosters....

Derv4194

Nov 25, 2017
I didnt even know it came with a signal booster to be honest - never specified a car with one before and never had a problem with poor phone signal either. So provided this continues to be the case and it doesnt affect anything else, im more than happy to have it unplugged/removed if it means i can get my car in a matter of days.

Scrogg

Dec 31, 2017
Have any cars already been delivered with this unit in place? What happens to them?
Loads. It's been available on Ateca for over 18 months.

They will get taken out and sent back to SEAT.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.