what have you done to your car today ?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Removing the Aircon ATM, bumper is off and rad is out, hard bit done so... Having a break as need to grab the kid from school. Got the belt from euro
Once tapatalk and this web site sort themselves out I'll upload some pics. Edit: I got to say it's not the best job to do, once the jobs done it's satisfinsato see it gone but my god the preface lift bumper is horrible to take off. Now only held in with 2 bolt's,6 torque screws for easy on/off action.

Last edited:

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Relacquered my Brembos today. A long overdue job. I'm pleased with the results. Peeling off that lacquer was a right pain and took much longer than I expected.
IMG_6995.JPG IMG_7008.JPG IMG_7009.JPG
Rear calipers are looking a bit shabby now. Another job to add to the list...

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Didn't take too many pics but here's two. All in all weight is about 6/8kg and it really does free up a lot of space in the bay. Only thing holding the front end on in the second pic is two bolts. Need to tilt the bottom end to pull it out. Going to strip out the pipe works sat.
2f1a5de560c9ff3fa12983ab23aa57e5.jpg
f807a0aed03046d9fbf0a9b6ea512301.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zardoz and Sparkie

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I am mate I think it look awesome! I’m not 100% sure what I need to do it though haahha

Couldn’t be easier once bumper is off.
With a Dremel cut out one time lugs on rear of bumper then cut away remaining plastic holding number plate.
Use masking tape to line up the sides to give a nice cutting line to follow ( you will understand once you start, ) use old grill over new. To give correct size.
Cut it over size by an inch all round.
Fix with screws or cable ties etc.
Refit bumper. Job done
Tea and medals time.

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Couldn’t be easier once bumper is off.
With a Dremel cut out one time lugs on rear of bumper then cut away remaining plastic holding number plate.
Use masking tape to line up the sides to give a nice cutting line to follow ( you will understand once you start, ) use old grill over new. To give correct size.
Cut it over size by an inch all round.
Fix with screws or cable ties etc.
Refit bumper. Job done
Tea and medals time.

Sounds easy enough think I’m gunna get it done soon, got the car in for some paintwork getting sorted on Wednesday but maybe next weekend I’ll do it!

Cheers bud

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sounds easy enough think I’m gunna get it done soon, got the car in for some paintwork getting sorted on Wednesday but maybe next weekend I’ll do it!

Cheers bud

Honest. Once bumper off it’s all self explanatory.
Will totally make sense when you can see it off car buddy.
Prob easiest mod on the car and looks the nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Have a question for you guys..I have the auq 1.8t and need some new disk's and pads up front.
I've looked on euro and seen the brembo 312mm disk and seem a good deal but confused with the pads to use. Disk's are solid vented as I don't like the look of the drilled look on my car...would look to suspect IMO. Product code I think it is 10180015A, has some one used these or be able to help me out.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Cleaned out the throttle body and redid the piping as I had a leak somewhere and replaced all sorted that out. Body looked like it had never been off so Looking into purchasing a bam lump ATM. If I'm gonna do anything with this car I may as well

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Cleaned out the throttle body and redid the piping as I had a leak somewhere and replaced all sorted that out. Body looked like it had never been off so Looking into purchasing a bam lump ATM. If I'm gonna do anything with this car I may as well

Busy busy.
Those brake pads seem generic to a few brembo shod cars.
Kept coming up as Subaru pads when I searched.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Busy busy.
Those brake pads seem generic to a few brembo shod cars.
Kept coming up as Subaru pads when I searched.

No sure where that code has gone on euro but here is what I'm on about https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...e14d0af2ab274e47e9a882cac5661f73c64ebf&000036
On these disk's https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...96c4b22eb85a0faeab6227b5aee34c7a793a1b&000027
Thanks for the reply mate.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Other half has this for a while. 1.4t 16v 150ps 0-60 7.8 TS 147mph. Someone hit her car so this is what she got.
a1b42eb3303396768f03d0d83ef4f531.jpg
1098dd1ce1ce47e45e4fb2429dd3765f.jpg

Edit: had a go in it...crap.

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
What have I done today...well me and my blue Banger went up against a MK2 cupra in white with a jabba badge on the back, custom exhaust,lowered, seemed like a bit of money has gone into this car...now apart from the gear change point there was zero movement between us from 1st to 3rd lol, put it in fourth and I did for a second start to gain but a car on the "private road" pulled out so that ended that. Makes me think what would happen if the little ko3 was pushing 22/24psi. 18 atm Yes, want last long but still....what would happen?? Need to get a go pro and record what I come across from time to time.
Best bit about it is this car lives just round the corner from me so there will be a NEXT time now I know I stand a chance I'm gonna annoy him soooo much lol.

Reactions: Zardoz