Front bumper under headlight clip broken

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
My front bumper underneath the passenger headlight is sticking out.
The SEAT garage I generally use looked at it about a month ago and said that a plastic bar type bit that inserts into the clip has snapped and there is nothing they can do!
At this point is wasn't sticking out too much but its getting worse.
I have contacted the dealer again but arnt holding out much hope from them as usual.
Has anyone had this?
More importantly has anyone fixed this?
Tried to upload a photo but is too large apparently

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
front bumper problem2.jpg

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks BenJacko
I don't suppose they gave you a part number for that clip by any chance!

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks black_sheep
Wow those are some detailed diagrams, fantastic.
Although I'm not sure the profile guide right is the correct component although its definitely in the right area.
I think its something like a small black plastic popper type clip that will push into the edge of the bumper to keep it tight.

Reactions: CTML13

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
The diagrams are not 100% as they appear; the profile guide looks like the black plastic bit you require from the photo that you have posted - and it is the part that I would purchase if it was my own vehicle.

However, if it was me, I would try to remove the bumper to confirm which bit was actually broken. The tab on the bumper cover may have broken. If you remove the torx screws in the wheel arch liner, you should be able to move the bumper enough to see where the damage is.

Last edited:

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
Yes I think your right, I do need to take it apart a bit to get a better look.
I have seen the bumper attachment itself hasn't snapped but can see a small back 'part' which I presume is part of the clip.
Now where did I put that trolley jack!
I'm at work today, so will be a job for tomorrow now.
Thanks again for your help black_sheep

tom81

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply BenJacko, I thought as much but thought I'd ask anyway!

Feb 28, 2020
Hi

Did you ever get this fixed? I had the same problem with mine on the right hand side. I replaced the black plastic guide underneath which had sagging tabs with a new one, thinking that's that sorted. It's exactly the same??