Options affecting Leon lead times

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
And me! Mine was delivered to my house yesterday. Ordered over the phone on 19th Feb, left the factory 19th March, delivered to me 19th April.
1.8 FR manual 5 door with convenience pack, rear camera, front parking sensors and 18" performance wheels, so not bog standard by any means. Awesome service and deal from Lookers in Stockport (and I am in Cornwall!)

wilbo

Jan 14, 2018
And me! Mine was delivered to my house yesterday. Ordered over the phone on 19th Feb, left the factory 19th March, delivered to me 19th April.
1.8 FR manual 5 door with convenience pack, rear camera, front parking sensors and 18" performance wheels, so not bog standard by any means. Awesome service and deal from Lookers in Stockport (and I am in Cornwall!)
What were the delivery company / driver like? I have also ordered from Lookers Stockport and whilst I am not far away from you, I am tempted to collect versus collection. As far as I understand it the free delivery is someone driving the car down right?

julian24110

Jul 16, 2009
Cornwall
What were the delivery company / driver like? I have also ordered from Lookers Stockport and whilst I am not far away from you, I am tempted to collect versus collection. As far as I understand it the free delivery is someone driving the car down right?

Yes it was someone driving the 290 miles to me but this was fine and trouble free. I thought about going to collect it but the cost outweighed any benefit and I'd still do the same 290 miles bringing it home myself.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
First post :)

Ordered my Leon on 13th April. Just heard back form the dealer that it'll be delivered maybe in November :no:
Apparently the lead times are as follows. The car 10-12 weeks, The engine 14 weeks, The Alloys 3 weeks. I would have thought the lead times would have run concurrently, but apparently they stack. Hopefully worth the wait though!

P.S i ordered the FR Technology 1.8 DSG in eclipse orange with 18" Performance alloys. Should be slightly more fun than my current Insignia :)

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I finally have my order accepted by Seat.

The vehicle is currently showing Status 10 which means the vehicle has been accepted into the factory but doesn’t have a confirmed build week.

The current Production Week 20 (May 14th-May 20th) this is not confirmed so the dates could change.

This vehicle is due to be built within that week.

After this production week it should take around 4 – 6 weeks to arrive at the dealership.

Order was placed early Jan for St cupra

Last edited:

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
First post :)

Ordered my Leon on 13th April. Just heard back form the dealer that it'll be delivered maybe in November :no:
Apparently the lead times are as follows. The car 10-12 weeks, The engine 14 weeks, The Alloys 3 weeks. I would have thought the lead times would have run concurrently, but apparently they stack. Hopefully worth the wait though!

P.S i ordered the FR Technology 1.8 DSG in eclipse orange with 18" Performance alloys. Should be slightly more fun than my current Insignia :)
Nice....lead times do run concurrently according the post here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/443838/

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
SWMBO ordered her Leon ST 19th March and has just heard it'll be built week18 :thumbup:
Leon FR 1.4TSi ACT in Desire Red with spare wheel and winter pack.
Just preparing myself now for the barrage of complaints from her about having a car without a "proper" handbrake:headhurt:

dsj20v

Dec 6, 2007
hampshire
I thought the same about my missus moaning about handbrake but she pressed auto hold button the day we got it and it's stayed on the last 5mths lol she loves it

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
E-brake is very good that it disengages when u pull away. Only thing is no more handbrake turns!!!

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
She'll be really disappointed when she finds out that there will be no more handbraking it around Tesco's carpark :roflmao:

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
Nice....lead times do run concurrently according the post here

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/443838/

I really hope your right, but as i read it the lead times running concurrent are only for additional lead times. So mine would be "Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks" then +14 weeks for Leon 1.8 TSI 180. A total of 24-26 weeks (26 Oct - 9 Nov). Im hoping im wrong and its only the +14 i count, which would make it 21st July..

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
...as i read it the lead times running concurrent are only for additional lead times. So mine would be "Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks" then +14 weeks for Leon 1.8 TSI 180. A total of 24-26 weeks...
That's right I'm afraid. Because of WLTP production of the 1.8 will not be re-commencing until September, hence the +14 weeks.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I really hope your right, but as i read it the lead times running concurrent are only for additional lead times. So mine would be "Leon 5dr 10-12 weeks" then +14 weeks for Leon 1.8 TSI 180. A total of 24-26 weeks (26 Oct - 9 Nov). Im hoping im wrong and its only the +14 i count, which would make it 21st July..
Yes thats right. Ive just waited 13 weeks for my Leon SE Dynamic Tech 1.2 5dr in Mystery Blue with options. Was quote 15-17 weeks when ordered in January.

Stoob

Apr 21, 2018
So am i looking at 10-12 for Leon + 14 for the DSG, or just 14 in total? (Sorry, been sat in a classroom doing hgv trainging all day and my brain is frazzled)

Tristan

Nov 12, 2017
I picked my car up today. Only driven it the few miles back from the dealer but very happy with it so far.

Could anyone with the standard FR 225/45/17 wheels please let me know what the recommended tyre pressures are? I checked mine and they are all 40-50psi which seems way too high. The sticker says 35/32psi but I think that's probably for the 18" wheels which my car was built with (the dealer swapped then over to the 17s for me).

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
I picked my car up today. Only driven it the few miles back from the dealer but very happy with it so far.

Could anyone with the standard FR 225/45/17 wheels please let me know what the recommended tyre pressures are? I checked mine and they are all 40-50psi which seems way too high. The sticker says 35/32psi but I think that's probably for the 18" wheels which my car was built with (the dealer swapped then over to the 17s for me).
Nothing in manual?

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
The 35 PSI fronts / 32 PSI rears combo seems to work as well as can be expected on
the standard, (albeit rather unsuitable) 225/45x17" as fitted to a 1.2 Dynamic Tech.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.