I Found This Under my SEAT LEON CUPRA 280 BADGE

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
You'd think they might leave that part out the moulding and clip in the correct badge but no.

My FR Leon is the same, you can see from the underside rather than removing the badge.

Bet the skoda is the same too!

Deleted member 103408

its not an issue.
Its very old news but the video factory has to have something to talk about.

And while I am in grumpy old man mood, its not under the Cupra badge its under the Seat Badge.
End of update / moan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bowen and Jaco2k

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Previous to this car I had a Skoda Octavia VRS 'cousin' and the engine went bang under warranty - after the new engine was fit to the car they told me I had to go back to change the engine cover, which was on back order.

I noticed 0 difference after they changed it, but looking back now, it might very well be that the engine cover on the replacement engine had a VW logo ;) ;)

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Anyway aren't all the hoses, leads etc in the engine bay with Audi or VW logo on it anyway? The only thing I see in the engine bay (on both Leon and Ibiza) that are truely Seat are just the lights (LEDs and Ibiza Bi-Xenon). Even the brake calipers in the rear of my Ibizas, upon closer scrutnity, shows Audi logo on them. Must be same one used as the A1 I guess.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Shaady

Jan 25, 2017
Theres going to be loads of crossover parts all over the car, not just the engine.

Its not a surprise or an issue in the slightest.

My old Focus had Vovlo parts all over the engine, least it meant it was bulletproof!

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
When reading VW/Audi parts I usually check the Skoda dealer and it often means I can get the same parts cheaper, and they usually come in a VW/Audi wrapper.

Reactions: R4CK5

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
When reading VW/Audi parts I usually check the Skoda dealer and it often means I can get the same parts cheaper, and they usually come in a VW/Audi wrapper.
I did this with my mist washer jets. Ordered the Octavia ones from memory as they were cheaper than the Leon and came with vw badges stamped underneath, took my originals off to find they also had vw badges. Hardly surprising considering they're all the same brand.

Lots of manufacturers do it, why reinvent the wheel and go through the expense of additional moulds etc being cast with different badges for the sake of ocd and brand snobbery. Would only put the cost of replacement parts up even more.

I don't know about anyone else, but if you've got the time to be worrying about things like this (let alone make a video about it) you need to find yourself a hobby lol.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: kevster184
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members