couple of weird things

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
Has anyone had any issues with Apple play?
I hooked iphone 7 up to the car no problems to one of the (2) usb sockets but sometimes it refuses to connect when I get back in and only solution seems to be to unplug phone from one USB to the other one ! - weird IMO. I have tested 2 cables and same issue with both of them.

Also, re dimming of screen in the options menu ( see page 75 in the Radio/Nav manual) option to turn off screen after 10sec, great option and it states that this should remain saved but on my car I have to activaye this every time I start the car - pain, any ideas?

I now have about 600miles on the car, other morning started it up, drove off and radio refused to come on !, weird, stopped car, turned ignition off and on and still no luck, go to the shop after 2 miles, did my shopping and started the car and the radio was ok ! not happened again since then, I love electronics.............

Notes re DSG box, its BRILLIANT and with the ACC its so nice to drive in traffic, I find that the start/stop kicks in a bit too early at times (where one loose power steering...) even if the car is moving ever so slightly, do not like it in some situations. 115bhp is plenty in the car (just come from a Citigo 75).

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Any time the media system messes up, carplay wont connect, freezes etc. Just hold down the power button on the left hand side for about 10 seconds. It will then reset and work again.

I have to do this on mine at least once a week....

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
Thanks for the advice, not especially impressive on a new car.......
Hope there will be some software update for this to sort it.

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
Another strange thing that I can not get my head around, re autowipe when it rains, I activated this in the settings. Is it meant to work when wiper is OFF or do I have to set wipers to intermittent and then leave them.

rustyd0g

Jul 31, 2017
Edinburgh
Another strange thing that I can not get my head around, re autowipe when it rains, I activated this in the settings. Is it meant to work when wiper is OFF or do I have to set wipers to intermittent and then leave them.

This confused me initially as well. You do need to set the wipers to intermittent.

Stupidus

Mar 12, 2018
I have the same issue with the option for the screen to turn off. It just wont save the setting

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Thanks for the advice, not especially impressive on a new car.......
Hope there will be some software update for this to sort it.

It's pretty much the same on all VAG cars. Even the high end Audi's have carplay issues.

I'm sure there will be software updates but getting your Seat dealer to install them for you isn't easy....

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I find that the start/stop kicks in a bit too early at times (where one loose power steering...) even if the car is moving ever so slightly, do not like it in some situations. 115bhp is plenty in the car (just come from a Citigo 75).

Ah...it wasn't me thinking this was in my mind when I test drove both the Ibiza and Arona last Sunday. My current Ibiza SC, you must come to a complete stop (and press firmly on the brakes) before it turns the engine off.

It caught me off guard trying to get out of Westfields parking lot, heading to the exit, slowed down to crawling speed as came to a corner, engine switched itself off, steering wheel locks...
At least the brakes still worked!

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
I now break, take foot off and brake again it ie car then restart and will stay on . Better this way, especially if you go from a minor to major road ie car respond quicker at take off.

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Ah...it wasn't me thinking this was in my mind when I test drove both the Ibiza and Arona last Sunday. My current Ibiza SC, you must come to a complete stop (and press firmly on the brakes) before it turns the engine off.

On my 1.5 TSI Ibiza the stop/start doesn't kick in until you come to a complete stop. I also like how it automatically re-starts the engine when the car in front starts to move.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
On my 1.5 TSI Ibiza the stop/start doesn't kick in until you come to a complete stop. I also like how it automatically re-starts the engine when the car in front starts to move.

That's a manual though, and correct me if I'm wrong, you will need to be in Neutral for SS to kick in and off the engine? Wait, it restarts it using front assist, even if you are in neutral and not depress the clutch?

*Sorry I forgot to mention I test drove the DSGs, manual I'm not sure...

Last edited:

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Wait, it restarts it using front assist, even if you are in neutral and not depress the clutch?

Yes that's correct you can be sitting at a junction in neutral and suddenly the engine restarts with a message on the screen saying the car in front has moved off.

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
Re Apple CarPlay issues. Booked my car in for 1 May after having had issues daily with phone connecting as it then decided to work flawlessly! Beats me.

Still don’t like start/stop kicking in when still moving, does not do it every time so there must be some specific parameters that triggers it, with it could be adjusted just a wee bit.

Car now run in (900miles) so can let it breathe a bit more. Overtaking impressive for size of engine, deffo helps nudging into S til past n then D again. Fuel economy disappointing, long steady ( legal or below) run on A roads give me 46-47 overall with the DSG, had hoped to be in low 50’s. Still it’s fun to drive and ACC is used all the time bar having a clear road in front of me and I am pleased I selected this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McSwanky

Apr 16, 2018
Yes that's correct you can be sitting at a junction in neutral and suddenly the engine restarts with a message on the screen saying the car in front has moved off.
First post for me, hi!

I'm pretty sure mine doesn't do this, looking at the manual I think you may have to have ACC for this to happen?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Re Apple CarPlay issues. Booked my car in for 1 May after having had issues daily with phone connecting as it then decided to work flawlessly! Beats me.

Fuel economy disappointing, long steady ( legal or below) run on A roads give me 46-47 overall with the DSG, had hoped to be in low 50’s. Still it’s fun to drive and ACC is used all the time bar having a clear road in front of me and I am pleased I selected this option.

Is you car on 18 inch rims? Did a trip from East London to Cambridge yday, going up, going around 65-70mph, returned around 55mpg (or so the trip computer says), coming back, seems car may have been going up hill a bit more, 52 mpg, going also around 65-70mph mainly on cruise control. If I do 40-50mph roads with little traffic, car can even get close to 60mpg. I have old 1.0 EcoTSI 110 DSG SC on 17inch 40 profile tyres though. I would say if you could 'meet' the city offical fuel economy figures for your real world mixed driving, you are doing good. 46-47mpg going on a flat road doing 70mph is more or less a decent figure for the 1.0 TSI from my experience. Long term average (which is 50% city, 30% (40-50mph), 20% motorway (65-70mph) is 44-47mpg over 1500+ miles. Car drinks Esso/Shell 95, odd Esso 97 and Shell 99 occasionally.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014

Still don’t like start/stop kicking in when still moving, does not do it every time so there must be some specific parameters that triggers it, with it could be adjusted just a wee bit.

Car now run in (900miles) so can let it breathe a bit more. Overtaking impressive for size of engine, deffo helps nudging into S til past n then D again. Fuel economy disappointing, long steady ( legal or below) run on A roads give me 46-47 overall with the DSG, had hoped to be in low 50’s. Still it’s fun to drive and ACC is used all the time bar having a clear road in front of me and I am pleased I selected this option.

Just stopped leaving the AC on all the time in my 1.0. Average mpg jumped from 46 to over 50.

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
Cheers to you all, I do mainly short trips and hence expect crap MPG, previous Citigo 75bhp gave me about 44 local (spirited) driving and 55 onlonger trips and I like to 'drive the car' on these nice roads. I'd hope for maybe 40 and 50 in the Seat but seems to be 36-46 at the moment, will try with A/C off and see what happens. Car is on the 17" rims as they are big enough and add a tad of comfort.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.