New Leon - Build Date Confirmation ?

offshore

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,

I ordered a new Leon about 7 or 8 weeks ago.

I was told the waiting time to receive the car would be around 10 or 12 weeks.

I contacted the dealer about 3 weeks ago, who was a bit vague and sort of said no new update.

Should I have received a specific build date and delivery time by now? Is the dealer being a bit vague on purpose or is this standard with Seat?

Any advice please. Thanks

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
i ordered mine on the 6th of jan, didnt get a confimed build date untill middle of march

We ordered ours on the 3rd of January, pretty much a stock car except for the mystery blue paint, leon FR ST 150ps, the only time I phoned my dealer was 12 weeks after I ordered the car, its now week 16 and we pick our car up this afternoon. In all these 16 weeks, not once has the dealer contacted us.

What did you order mate and have you received your car yet?!

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
i ordered a fr st 180 dsg, build week 18 so wont have it till june

Mines is only the manual right enough, but don't you think that's a very long wait?! Did you add any other options? 6 months! That's probably longer than most people waiting on a cupra!

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Hi,

I ordered a new Leon about 7 or 8 weeks ago.

I was told the waiting time to receive the car would be around 10 or 12 weeks.

I contacted the dealer about 3 weeks ago, who was a bit vague and sort of said no new update.

Should I have received a specific build date and delivery time by now? Is the dealer being a bit vague on purpose or is this standard with Seat?

Any advice please. Thanks

I don't think the dealer can tell you anything other than it's expected build week, the order is accepted, it's built, it's shipping, it's here. In that order. That was my experience. Unless they have firm info, they would be guessing. I didn't chase my order at all. I let the dealer tell me when he had something, even if I heard nothing for weeks.

Reactions: ramborobert

offshore

Jan 31, 2018
Thanks for the replies on that.

It all seems a bit laid back and vague; but perhaps that is because I have got used to ordering things from Amazon and expect things almost the next day on a time specified.

theb00g1em4n

Mar 5, 2018
Mines is only the manual right enough, but don't you think that's a very long wait?! Did you add any other options? 6 months! That's probably longer than most people waiting on a cupra!

No other options, didn’t help it took my deal 5 weeks to place the order

theb00g1em4n

Mar 5, 2018
Well after 17 weeks of waiting my car has finally been built, just gotta wait till it gets here now

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.