Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
What about download updates direct from HERE and manualy update them?
I don't have 15 posts so can't post links but is not hard to find it :)

There are tvo versions availible for download "NAVI SYSTEM - 6P0" and NAVI SYSTEM PLUS"...
Im try download map updates for PLUS version which will came with my car and download work... But didn't try upload it into car because I still waiting it and probably will came with latest version... I didn't buy mapcare so will need update maps myself...

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
What about download updates direct from HERE and manualy update them?
I don't have 15 posts so can't post links but is not hard to find it :)

There are tvo versions availible for download "NAVI SYSTEM - 6P0" and NAVI SYSTEM PLUS"...
Im try download map updates for PLUS version which will came with my car and download work... But didn't try upload it into car because I still waiting it and probably will came with latest version... I didn't buy mapcare so will need update maps myself...

It won't work on the 'Plus' (SSD) system unless you have Mapcare.

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
It won't work on the 'Plus' (SSD) system unless you have Mapcare.

Are you shure? Update is preformed by SD card to internal drive...
Copy/Paste from their site:
Up-to-date navigation maps for your SEAT Navi System Plus

NAVI SYSTEM PLUS PAGE LEON
Please be sure to have the latest map update for your SEAT navigation sysytem. updating your SEAT navigation software will provide your system with the latest updates in new roads, itineraries and POIs all over your country.

you have selected the "Navi System Plus". Your system should have built-in hard drive and, in the “Setup” > “Version information” display, the first three digits should not be "5F0 or 6P0", in order to download the following files.

Please, check the four-digit number, contained in the green box above (before the regional code, or ECE in this case), in the same place on your Navi System.

If your number is the same or lowers than the one in the green box, your system is outdated. In that case, we therefore recommend that you to update your navigation data. You can download the full set of data at once.

Screenshot%20MIB%20High.png

And in instructions they write:
Select “NAVI” > “Setup” > “System information” > “Update software”. The data will now be copied to the navigation system’s internal hard drive.

Please note:

The ignition must remain switched on while copying is in progress. The navigation function is not available during copying. Due to the large volume of data involved and depending on the SD card used, this procedure can take up to 4 hours. Please make sure that the battery is sufficiently charged to complete the update (if the vehicle is parked, switch off any consumers that are not needed, e.g. lighting, fan, seat heating, etc.).

If necessary, connect a charger to the battery. Should the procedure be interrupted – if the engine is switched off, for example – copying will automatically resume at the point of interruption as soon as the ignition is switched on again.

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Yes, I am sure. I have tried several times since I bought my car.

And how navigation unit know that mapcare is not active? Are we talking about Leon 2017-2018 ? Maybe this on older units do not work...

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
So i have been all through this thread and cannot find a solution to MIB1 updating.
Is that still the case ?
I am on Firmware 040 ... Software 425 .. 5FO
Is this the latest update ?

Edit,
I have managed to download some map software ( name of the software i downloaded is .. STD1_P72_EU_2018 ),

The DBInfo text file inside says,

PartNumber2="5G0919866AG"
PartNumber3="5E0051236 "
PartNumber4="5F0060884BB"
PartNumber1="8V0060866G "
PartNumber="8V0060866G "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0072"
SystemName=" ECE 2018

The DBInfo text file on my original seat SD card that came with my car says,

PartNumber1="8V0919866B "
PartNumber2="5G0919866F "
PartNumber3="5E0051236C "
PartNumber4="5F0919866F "
PartNumber="8V0919866B "
ApplicationSoftwareVersionNumber="0036"
SystemName=" ECE 2014 "

Will this work on my seat leon with the firmware and software i posted above ?

Edit,
Tried the above did not work.
No update seen by the radio.

Last edited:

Vanhaveli

Apr 24, 2018
Thanks for the tips!
I managed to update from 0521ECE to 0915 ECE1 (6P0) from here maps / seat leon / 2016
Replaced /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with that from my original backup
:coolthumb

Tell

Staff member
And how navigation unit know that mapcare is not active? Are we talking about Leon 2017-2018 ? Maybe this on older units do not work...

You can update everything other than the roads with the Plus unit, see post 699

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/navigation-system-updates.388586/page-35#post-4735093

This was my trial and error method. You have to have the unit in developer mode. So all aspects are updated apart from the road network. Have a read.

The file system is different between the standard and Plus units - even different maps - different work around.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
BTW, these updates we talk about here (I have a 6P0 system with MapCare...) are only for maps or do they update the unit firmware also?
...is there a way to update firmware without it being via dealership?

That's another thread somewhere. I think you will find they might be protected and for MIB2 it's too new to bother and for MIB1 you can't do the maps. Not felt the need to look since I have MIB2.

Reactions: Jaco2k

Stevan

Apr 8, 2017
Musselburgh
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/sw-update-for-mib2-infotainment-system.427280/
All the info you need is in miceor's post on the spanish forum, google translate can help there...
https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=118140&start=600#p1928908

To be fair, the only improvement that I really noticed was the posh new picture menu grid, which, of course, I now use, rather than the boring old circle job.
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....nfotainment-system.427280/page-8#post-4733148

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell and Jaco2k

Tell

Staff member
That sounds like a great improvement ;).

The other thing is obviously we got two Mib2 models, the standard and the Plus. Appears to me people have more issues with the standard unit playing up than the Plus in the Ateca form where I read a fair bit about issues of it freezing up etc. I've never had the unit freezing up or any issues apart from the ones I created myself by hacking it via the developers menu and Obdeleven.

Then there is the gesture control unit, I don't know whether this has appeared yet on Seats.

Tell

Staff member
You navigate around here if it isn't a plus

http://www.navigation.com/product/C...GBP;pgid=SnxSvdWt6lFSRpN7zhogxO2o0000t93f3k_I

Press the “NAV” Button.
Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.
Check the first text line in "Version information" with the following images:

If the first three digits are 5F0, your system version is the "Navi System - 5F0".
If the first three digits are 6P0, your system version is the "Navi System - 6P0".
On the other hand, if your system has built-in hard drive, and the first three digits are not 5F0 or 6P0, your system version is the "Navi System Plus".

If it's a 5F0 it's a Mib1, 6P0 Mib2. Mib2 is 915 download which is Nov 2017 release ECE 2018. Next release June which will be referenced as 2018/19.

So until you press the buttons on the unit I don't think you'll know. Mib1 standard system you have to buy.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
You navigate around here if it isn't a plus

http://www.navigation.com/product/C...GBP;pgid=SnxSvdWt6lFSRpN7zhogxO2o0000t93f3k_I

Press the “NAV” Button.
Confirm the “Setup” > “Version information” selection on the display.
Check the first text line in "Version information" with the following images:

If the first three digits are 5F0, your system version is the "Navi System - 5F0".
If the first three digits are 6P0, your system version is the "Navi System - 6P0".
On the other hand, if your system has built-in hard drive, and the first three digits are not 5F0 or 6P0, your system version is the "Navi System Plus".

If it's a 5F0 it's a Mib1, 6P0 Mib2. Mib2 is 915 download which is Nov 2017 release ECE 2018. Next release June which will be referenced as 2018/19.

So until you press the buttons on the unit I don't think you'll know. Mib1 standard system you have to buy.
does this work without mapcare ?

Tell

Staff member
If it's a Mib2 which is the 6P0 you can use the workaround published in the thread above important to copy out the file mentioned in post 927 above before deleting everything and copying across the new files then overwriting with that single file. If you wish you can back up your SD to HD then that way you can restore the old system if you wish before deleting it. There is a hidden directory that pairs your card with the unit, the rest is just an accident in the way program works using the old file you copy back.

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
I got my new company car in January and the maps are terrible, they dont have the new M8 parts going into Glasgow that opened around March last year. Is it possible to update them, I did some investigating back in January and it seems HERE only update them once a year for SEAT.

Tell

Staff member
It's about right, they are updated twice a year then you can run back 3 months for QA, then 3 months and more for them to come off their development database and into production and distribution. I've seen two years mentioned. Still if Seat UK did the right thing with Mapcare I'm sure they would have a big army of contributors. Google Maps on the other hand has faster turn round but then you are at the mercy of the sat digital bouncing about where as the inbuilt system doesn't go blind in tunnels / poor signal areas as wheel rotations are used to supplement when the signal drops off. I see a chunk of the M8 is on the Here We Go app which is probably a precursor to it arriving on VAG cars. Have you more M8 than that ?.

spaceboy

May 7, 2018
I have to say I never use the built in sat nav because it is missing key roads which should be on it, and also the traffic info is poor compared with Google maps.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.