Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Traffic Alert?

mrQQ

Apr 6, 2018
Hello,

I'm looking at buying a new Leon Cupra ST, but I just can't seem to find information if it has Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Traffict Alert, which Golf R does.

Does anyone know?

Thank you.

jka

Cupra 300 DSG
Mar 27, 2017
Sweden
Hello,

I'm looking at buying a new Leon Cupra ST, but I just can't seem to find information if it has Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Traffict Alert, which Golf R does.

Does anyone know?

Thank you.

When i bought my cupra 300 last year, there was no option to add blind spot. Id would love to have that aswell

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Not available on current Leon - an answer quickly and easily found by looking at the equipment and options pages of the price list.

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hello,

Does anyone know?

Thank you.

Hi MrQ

And oddly is only available on the 5 Dr GTI and R, not the 3Dr :confused:

mrQQ

Apr 6, 2018
Guys,

these show BSD being in use on Leon:

so what is the actual case, are they available or not? if so, what is the equipment code? available on cupra??

mrQQ

Apr 6, 2018
So they add it to LHD but not RHD? Doesn't sound right or reasonable. The more I google the more conflicting information I find.

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
So they add it to LHD but not RHD?
Not necessarily. Some LHD markets might not have it either. Different markets always have different specifications.

Regardless of how much research you do, and how much you want it to be available, if it's not in the UK brochure and price list, and not on the UK configurator, it's not available for the UK market.

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Im not from UK(Im from Slovenia) and order new Cupra ST(Still waiting it) and there is also not option to have BSD&RTA ...
But there is way to add it as retrofit option as done and you can find on youtube videos...
You need to buy Master & Slave radar from golf(because have dynamics learning), Golf holders for radars, cables ... Then there are 2 options for notifications you can use normal 12V leds somewhere on dashboard or mirror or buy Ateca mirrors with BSD LEDS integrated...
But retrofiting take a lot of time, you need remove rear bumper, align and fix radars(only 2 bolts match, third need to be modified), connect cables from radars to front car(fuse box and mirrors), reprograming ...

Last edited:

mrQQ

Apr 6, 2018
I don't understand all the news article saying its available then..

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Im in some news on internet read that new leon have BSD and when Im in middle march 2018 place order for Cupra ST Im dealer ask about BSD because Im order Assistant Packet 4 and didn't see it in description. They check and report me back that is not included(Maybe specific for my country) and they also ask if after holidays when usualy change some things or add features will BSD be included but answer has been no. So probably only option will be wait for MK4 Cupra for this feature or retrofit it...

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Guys,

these show BSD being in use on Leon:

so what is the actual case, are they available or not? if so, what is the equipment code? available on cupra??

The car in the first video is a pre-facelift MY15 FR which has had lots of mods done, I believe that Morkas who made the video is a member of ClubSeatLeon.net which is a Spanish forum.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise