15 Year gap

HGTCupra

Apr 24, 2018
Hi all,

Registering as a new user for the second time, initially would have been some 15 years back.

I bought a Cupra R from new on a 53 plate as a youngster - unfortunately my experience wasn’t very good, cut a long old story short but I think it spent a month back at the dealership In it’s first 3 months, all sorts of problems with turbo - it was a Friday afternoon car from the factor I think lol.

Fast forward to present day and my better half has recently taken delivery of a nice grey Cupra 300 ST.

I had vowed never to have another SEAT (dealer damaged me..) but I won’t let my pride get in the way of a good lease deal

I thought I had made a mistake after the long delays, our old lease went back and I kicked up a fuss with SEAT UK and got some compensation and a loan Golf R (bonus!)

Personally I drive an M140 as a daily at the mo.

Anyway, found the site useful (as it was all those years ago) and look forward to reading up on others.

I’m looking for tips on alloy wheel insurance if anyone has them

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome back buddy!

What did you think to the Golf R? Had one a few months back and thought it was a little plain on the interior considering it's price. Great engine though!

HGTCupra

Apr 24, 2018
The Golf R was interesting, the grip was ridiculous but my comparison is with my M140 so the difference was highlighted further.

The interior wasn’t too bad, this was a 7.5 so had the digital cockpit etc but I didn’t think the seats were great and the fake engine sound was annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise