Instrument cluster failure

cordoba175

Sep 15, 2008
Hi all,
Driving home last week and my drivers information display, clock and odometer went off. Everything else works like engine management light, brake, coil and instrument lights. Had it plugged in vag com and showed no faults, also checked fuses and nothing. Totally stumped. Anyone else had a similar issue?

JR_130

Mar 24, 2009
Christmas 2016 i had an issue of lumpy idle / intermittently wouldn't start. (2011 St 170)
initial indications seemed to be the battery on the way out, and i couldn't rely on the car starting. but when it did start, intermittently the instrument cluster would go dead, but everything else worked fine.
I replaced the battery, and it didnt seem to make any difference, but ddn't have access to clear any fault codes.
took it to JW service centre in Coleraine who cleared the fault codes, said they checked some connections and it has been fine since (and only charged me 20 quid)
I believe if i had VCDS and cleared the codes it may have just been the battery.
if your battery is overdue a change, i would get it tested at least

cordoba175

Sep 15, 2008
Christmas 2016 i had an issue of lumpy idle / intermittently wouldn't start. (2011 St 170)
initial indications seemed to be the battery on the way out, and i couldn't rely on the car starting. but when it did start, intermittently the instrument cluster would go dead, but everything else worked fine.
I replaced the battery, and it didnt seem to make any difference, but ddn't have access to clear any fault codes.
took it to JW service centre in Coleraine who cleared the fault codes, said they checked some connections and it has been fine since (and only charged me 20 quid)
I believe if i had VCDS and cleared the codes it may have just been the battery.
if your battery is overdue a change, i would get it tested at least
That's the weird thing I had my mechanic plug it into VCDS and there wasn't any fault codes, I have the battery on charge now and will hopefully it tested this week. Failing that I will probably post the cluster over to England for repair...,

cordoba175

Sep 15, 2008
any joy getting it sorted?
Had the battery checked out and all fine, heading over to England in the summer so will take the cluster with me and drop it off at car tronix for repair, hopefully they find a fault cause if not then I'm out of ideas!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise