couple of weird things

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
I have the 1.5 engine and get low 50s (normally 53) MPG, maybe working the 1.0 too much?

I’ve definitely driven is sensibly til now during the running in period. Maybe it need some more miles under the belt n a bit of Italian tuning to clear it out. Doing a 80 mile round trip tomorrow so will give it a work out n see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter

Jan 5, 2018
West Sussex
Re Apple CarPlay issues. Booked my car in for 1 May after having had issues daily with phone connecting as it then decided to work flawlessly! Beats me.

Still don’t like start/stop kicking in when still moving, does not do it every time so there must be some specific parameters that triggers it, with it could be adjusted just a wee bit.

Car now run in (900miles) so can let it breathe a bit more. Overtaking impressive for size of engine, deffo helps nudging into S til past n then D again. Fuel economy disappointing, long steady ( legal or below) run on A roads give me 46-47 overall with the DSG, had hoped to be in low 50’s. Still it’s fun to drive and ACC is used all the time bar having a clear road in front of me and I am pleased I selected this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ours is also a DSG, and has done 2,000 miles now. I now turn stop/start off because it just doesn’t work well with the DSG box I don’t think. I’ve set ‘Individual’ to be sport throttle response and comfort steering, which seems to be best for the roads round here. I also use ACC all the time, and adjust speed with the cruise control lever as well to suit the speed limits as I’m driving through. It’s now averaging just under 50mpg on a tank (calculated, though the OBC reading is nearer 53mpg). Looking at the mpg for trips, trundling round town will see it in the high 30s to the gallon per the OBC. Conversely, a longish (40~60) miles country A and B roads will be over 60mpg

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
Ours is also a DSG, and has done 2,000 miles now. I now turn stop/start off because it just doesn’t work well with the DSG box I don’t think. I’ve set ‘Individual’ to be sport throttle response and comfort steering, which seems to be best for the roads round here. I also use ACC all the time, and adjust speed with the cruise control lever as well to suit the speed limits as I’m driving through. It’s now averaging just under 50mpg on a tank (calculated, though the OBC reading is nearer 53mpg). Looking at the mpg for trips, trundling round town will see it in the high 30s to the gallon per the OBC. Conversely, a longish (40~60) miles country A and B roads will be over 60mpg

Interesting as I set my 'induvidual' to eactly the same but only tested it yesterday properly. Needless to say response is great but there was a definate reluctance to change into 7th gear even at above 60mph (even at 70) so used manual paddle to move it on. One thing I noticed is that it was a lot more reluctant to turn itself off at lights ie start/stop kicked in much later which is a prositive but I certainly could get no better fuel economy in this setting. I think I'll stick to normal and simply use the lever to go into S as and when I like ot use it (overtaking especially), aprt of this is due to the setting is not remembered at startup as car start in D all the time. The Apple Carplay decide to behave irratically again 3 times ysterday after having been perfect for some 2 weeks. Oh, forgot to say that the car is definately better at the lower tyre pressure setting ie forget about ECO.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.