Can I turn off the fake engine noise on the FR

hewittinspain

May 27, 2017
I have just ordered a OBD2 bluetooth scanner and I was wondering is there anyway there will be an option to turn down the fake engine sound? Are there any tricks and tips as well on the OBD scanner? I was told to download an adroid app called Torque. Im driving a 64 plate FR Diesel

Reactions: Charliessmith

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Does the FR even have the fake engine noise speaker thingy....? My 2017 FR Tech Titanium doesn't ..... I'm sure

Deleted member 103408

I have just ordered a OBD2 bluetooth scanner and I was wondering is there anyway there will be an option to turn down the fake engine sound? Are there any tricks and tips as well on the OBD scanner? I was told to download an adroid app called Torque. Im driving a 64 plate FR Diesel

There are two kinds of OBD2 bluetooth devices, The first type is Read only (Torque is one of these and it gives you access (according to the app) to reading error codes through to live data so in Torque Pro you can get a dashboard with 0 - 60 / 100 and RPM / TEMPS etc

The Second is Read Write where you can see output but also you can make changes to the cars settings examples of that are OBD11 and Carista and VCDS. These are the devices that allow you to turn down /off the silly noise along with many other changes.

OBD11 and VCDS are the best but you have to buy a dedicated OBD2 Dongle, Carista uses a generic one (like the one you would use to Run Torque.

Hope that helps

Deleted member 103408

My 2014 Cupra does (turned off) do you have sports mode on the car as Its a common complaint about the noise it makes

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
My 2014 Cupra does (turned off) do you have sports mode on the car as Its a common complaint about the noise it makes
Yeah even on sports mode. If I go into individual there is no option for it either so they must have done away with it on the fr at some point.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Odb scanners only read data. A device like obdeleven is able to read and write to ecu and disable / amend settings like sound actuator

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
My 64 plate 2.0TDi 184 FR had the silly soundaktor.
Just go under the windscreen wiper scuttle and unplug it.
OR
You can turn it down / off with VCDS, Carista or OBDeleven

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
I turned mine down with vcds.
I tried a value of about 35 first but it was still too fake and annoying.
Now at 20

I rarely use sport mode but any passengers in the car would go 'Ooo sport mode' and press the button, and then burst out laughing at the sound effects.

Royston

Feb 26, 2017
Mine is a 13 plate FR 2.0 TDI and it has the sound actuator. It wasn't so bad at first but now it's getting annoying and I can't hear the real engine sound. I plan to get it turned down as well. I may be wrong but I think the 5F1 may not have it, mine being the 5F.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
My 15 cupra 280 has this, kin annoying, unplugged it under skittle, engine sounds much better without it, rubbish

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
For £15 via amazon the Carista dongle was a bargain with a month free. Turned my Actuator down to 80%. Plan to adjust it some more when the exhaust goes on this Friday :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

I doubt it as its not important to the car, but if it does you can always plug it back in.

Better still get somebody with Carista, OBD11 or VCDS to do the work for you.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I doubt it as its not important to the car, but if it does you can always plug it back in.

Better still get somebody with Carista, OBD11 or VCDS to do the work for you.
Do you know where I can get a OBD11 so I can change stuff on the car?
Only thing is I know nothing about coding does that matter, is it easy to use if you don't know nothing about coding?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

You can buy OBD11 Online and it has a one touch button to change the volume on soundactuator, all you have to do is choose between 90 and 0 %. If you come to the meet at Doncaster on the 28th I will be there with my kit and happy change it for you.

OBD 11 can be got here https://obdeleven.com/en/ and if you want to do coding you will need the pro version.
Carista you need to buy a compatible dongle for it, I got one off Amazon but check out Carista site for more details.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
You can buy OBD11 Online and it has a one touch button to change the volume on soundactuator, all you have to do is choose between 90 and 0 %. If you come to the meet at Doncaster on the 28th I will be there with my kit and happy change it for you.

OBD 11 can be got here https://obdeleven.com/en/ and if you want to do coding you will need the pro version.
Carista you need to buy a compatible dongle for it, I got one off Amazon but check out Carista site for more details.
Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.