Sound actuator

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
You can do it with 1 click under apps. Costs 10 credits.
a9cac7d914fe3bab0c22108d7974cf5b.jpg

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
You sure u can't disable with obdeleven? My app shows disable. I have mine turned down to 20% so not sure if it's disabled with app.

Reactions: jacko5

Deleted member 103408

you don't need an app under adaptations and Volume of structure-borne noise actuator you can choose between 0 and 100%

Reactions: jacko5

JONNYVT

Sep 9, 2002
LEICESTER
Visit site
Finally decided to unplug the sound actuator today. Easy job and took 2 minutes. It's in the middle of the scuttle where the passenger side wiper is attached. Not much room to get your hands in there though.

Gotta say it's nice to be able to put it in Cupra mode without that ridiculous rattle! Plus you can actually hear the exhaust note and the pops and crackles properly now. I would highly recommend it to anyone fed up of the sound actuator. No tools required either.

The link above is spot on.

I have been driving around with the back seats down today so I can hear the exhaust. My missus told me to grow up. She is probably right.;)

Anyway, still loving the Cupra's performance, and I tend to get bored very quickly with cars. This one is a keeper, with no issues in 14k miles. Famous last words lol
Yep, much better, what a waste of time , they should have spent the money developing doors that didn't constantly creak!

Apr 18, 2015
Slovakia
you don't need an app under adaptations and Volume of structure-borne noise actuator you can choose between 0 and 100%
If you turn it to 0 is it really off in your car? Mine I can hear even at 0%. It does not completelly disable it only reduces the effect. Any clue how to turn it off via obd 11 completelly?

Deleted member 103408

i have never heard anybody say that ZERO does not work before, double check your coding just in case.

The only change it allows you to do is from Zero (no sound) to Max, if its not working for you then change it back to 100 and save and make sure the sound now returns and then back to zero (which works fine on mine). If that still does not cure then you will need to physically remove it - there are details of how to do this on the site.

Apr 18, 2015
Slovakia
i have never heard anybody say that ZERO does not work before, double check your coding just in case.

The only change it allows you to do is from Zero (no sound) to Max, if its not working for you then change it back to 100 and save and make sure the sound now returns and then back to zero (which works fine on mine). If that still does not cure then you will need to physically remove it - there are details of how to do this on the site.

I have tried toggling between 100% and 0% and I can clearly hear that the volume is changing however not to a complete 0%. I also had my physically disconnected for some time but had to reconnect before warranty service because physical disconnections triggers short circuit and shows in faults in OBD 11. Compared to the physical disconnection the 0% in OBD 11 still plays some sound actuator sounds. Could it be that you need to do a factory reset after setting it to 0% like with the comfort blink?

Deleted member 103408

Well thats very strange, as I say mine is turned off and has been for a long time and no noise at all.

Worth a go with Factory reset from the main car settings screen, as an aside do you have any faults when its set to a value other than 0

One other thought is the sound actuator securley fitted just in case there is some movement of the actuator causing the noise (wild guess on my part)

Apr 18, 2015
Slovakia
I will try the factory reset because I drive in an Individual with engine in Cupra mode and the actuator gets on my nerves. The setting in 0% does not trigger any faults.

Deleted member 103408

What i was trying to understand (as there are faults shown when you do a physical disconnect) if there were any faults shown once the device is connected (but not at zero) and further if the actual device is secure in its location.

Apr 18, 2015
Slovakia
I turned the sound actuator down to 0% via the Carista app
No faults triggered
When you turn it to 0% is it completely off or can you still hear it slightly in the background? have you done any factory reset after the modification to apply the changes? I can still hear mine even if I set 0% in OBD 11.