Calliper bracing tubes for AP Racing brakes on Cupra

eye121

Apr 16, 2018
Hello everyone

I am missing one tube/bolt from one of my Seat Sport/AP Racing callipers. Does anyone know whether it makes any difference on the road - I don't take it on track. I have a bolt but can't get hold of the bracing tube that goes between the two calliper parts

Any help gratefully received

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
Can't comment on the difference, but if you want the tube/bolt, then I can recommend a company called Circuit Supplies. They'll only be a few quid each.

I think under the MK4 FaQ's on here there's a breakdown on part numbers for the AP calliper. If I remember when I'm home later I'll dig out some info and the price I paid for the tubes last time.

DScape

Dubbed
Apr 9, 2007
Derby
www.yeomansinc.co.uk
I’ve had a look for you;
Bridge bolt : CP5555-156ST = £2.32 each.
Bridge tube : CP5200-124 = £11.82 each.

This was 4 years ago (2014). The tubes were half the price in 2013 for some reason!

I suppose any AP Racing distributor can sort you out, but www.circuitsupplies.com were useful to me.

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/cupra-front-brake-pads-diy.174581/

The tubes are zinc plated mild steel. I replaced mine with suitable stainless steel hydraulic pipe cut down in a lathe for free. See posting above but the facts were;

You should get hold of spare bridge bolts =M8x100 capscrews in A2 Stainless steel (4 off) (you need to trim a 100mm capscrew to 92mm if you do not get OEM ones). Threads start at 72mm but you only need them from 78mm from under the head.

You should get hold of spare bridge tubes = 8.1mm ID, 12mm OD and 64.5mm long (I used Stainless hydraulic pipe squared off in a lathe to exactly length). Max OD is 12.3mm.

eye121

Apr 16, 2018
Excellent. That's given me two options.

Many thanks for taking the trouble mgrays and DScape

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise