what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Deleted member 103408

Good to know, I had to buy Bosch wipers from Halfords before i put the car in for MOT, Got the 26 and 16 but many fittings. Next time i will order in advance.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
If you order the Bosch A350s set it only has the correct fittings and is also the correct 26" & 16" wiper size
Any chance of a picture of the bracket on yours fitted?

Like others I got the ones with loads of fittings and due to the attachment they seemed to stick further out than the ones that came on the car. Looking at photos of that pack the bracket looks flusher to the wiper blade.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK

Like others I got the ones with loads of fittings and due to the attachment they seemed to stick further out than the ones that came on the car. Looking at photos of that pack the bracket looks flusher to the wiper blade.
Brackets on the A350s set are identical in fitting to OEM wipers

If the site would allow picture posting without having to create a photobucket account - gladly

I can assure you the A350s fittings are identical to the OEM ones.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Brackets on the A350s set are identical in fitting to OEM wipers

If the site would allow picture posting without having to create a photobucket account - gladly

I can assure you the A350s fittings are identical to the OEM ones.
Thanks for the heads up!

The site allows me to post photos without phitobucket, just using hr upload file option at the bottom. I’m on my iPhone at moment so not a best example:
7B28F0CF-FCA4-4191-B2E0-07D0CF47FB19.png

Bristle Hound

Aug 21, 2017
North East Uk
Renewed my insurance :D

Just had my insurance renewal for the Cupra from, ahem, Saga, which was coming in at £367.99. An increase of £100 on the previous years quote FFS !

So after a bit of searching on 'tinterweb I've renewed with Privilege.Com for £234.08 !
Same cover as previous - Fully comp. for the good lady & I to drive, 8000/year, protected NCD, garaged & a £350 excess

Reactions: davidstarkey11

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
Finished work
Popped boot using remote
Put bag and jacket in boot
Closed boot
Boot locks automatically as usual
Realised car key was in jacket
Felt stupid

50 mile round trip to get the spare key means I won’t do this again in a hurry.

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017

In the set I bought, there were 3/4 fittings. The one I have pictured (with a number 4 on it seemed the most compatible)

Current : Cupra 280 ST
Previous: BMW 335i LCI, Skoda Octavia Vrs mk2, Honda S2000

Stephenator280

Nov 5, 2017
How easy was it to change the wipers? My previous car was a renault and changing anything on that was a ballache. Three arms and 5 hands needed for everything.

The process was the same as shown in this video (both the process for putting the wipers in the service position as well as undoing the blades)

IrnBru

Apr 4, 2018
Can someone help, today driving my Leon FR 18 plate, doing around 45mph and the car slams on the breaks for about a second, warning on dashboard and not another car in front of me, if I remember correctly I was on cruise control.

Breinholm

Dec 27, 2017
Washed it for the first time. Afterwards it was polished and wiped down with CarPro Eraser before it had a coating of Cquartz UK 3.0 applied.

I left it at the garage for the coating to cure.

Here's a picture of the result and one of the car in the wash area - it looked mean.
f43deee25a540718b86da3df76f69e99.jpg
8a73f0b21e74ba711c644f41d0ebfbd6.jpg

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
In the set I bought, there were 3/4 fittings. The one I have pictured (with a number 4 on it seemed the most compatible)

Sorry Stephenator280, I was after a photo of the A350S. The ones you have are the ones I currently have that I changed to about 18’months ago. I didn’t like the way they stick out a fair bit more than the standard (valeo) ones.

Ordered the A350S set yesterday so should be more OEM looking :) as they needed changing anyway.

Dr.Dash

Aug 30, 2015
Midlands
Can someone help, today driving my Leon FR 18 plate, doing around 45mph and the car slams on the breaks for about a second, warning on dashboard and not another car in front of me, if I remember correctly I was on cruise control.
Have a bump, rather disconcerting when automated systems trigger inappropriately.
Check the vehicle status & If you have OBD scan for faults, it'll show stored faults rather than just those which are still active.

If you have a dashcam then pull and save the footage.

Something like this is definitely worth a dealer visit even if only to have it logged. Had someone driven into the back of you as a result then it's good to have some history.
(In some cases the driver in the front vehicle can be held partially responsible for an accident, it can possibly also be interpreted as "brake testing" the rear vehicle. Not easy to disprove if they have a dashcam and you max brake without obvious reason).

Blowski

Cupra 280 DSG
Mar 23, 2018

Get the car back in the dealer ASAP as already said. Sounds like a front assist malfunction of some description.

I assume that the radar sensor is clean and doesn’t have half a dead pheasant on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.