MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Bigivo1

May 21, 2016
Update on my order today... Saying build week 23, but still at status 10 so not actually confirmed... Ordered early Feb.

On order: cupra 300 st with seat sound.
Going back: 5 door cupra 290.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Update on my order today... Saying build week 23, but still at status 10 so not actually confirmed... Ordered early Feb.

On order: cupra 300 st with seat sound.
Going back: 5 door cupra 290.
That's not bad, I ordered mid February if I hear something soon for early June I'd be relatively happy with that. If I have the car in my possession by mid July I'll be happy

Blandy123

Mar 9, 2018
That's not bad, I ordered mid February if I hear something soon for early June I'd be relatively happy with that. If I have the car in my possession by mid July I'll be happy
I'd maybe give your dealer a call for an update. I ordered mine mid Feb and was told to expect the around beginning of August. I've heard nothing from the dealer since ordering so i decided to email for an update last week. I was informed that my car was being built the week commencing 14.05.18 and that i should expect to pick my car up at the start of June.

Paul1979

Mar 30, 2018
I ordered end of March, still no build date! Not worried though as current car is not due back until 01/09

I am a month before you and no build date yet either. Broker keeps telling me this is normal and still on track for July delivery.

SamJL

May 15, 2018
I got told today my car has been delay by a further 12 weeks due to a recall on the DSG gear box, has anyone else had the same update? Not sure i want to wait until november

Alexpowell1

Apr 21, 2018
Manchester
I got told today my car has been delay by a further 12 weeks due to a recall on the DSG gear box, has anyone else had the same update? Not sure i want to wait until november

Is that serious? Ive been told 26 weeks to devliery exc. DSG recall.... taking it into 2019 until i get it if thats true! Will be cancelling if that is correct :(

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
Is that serious? Ive been told 26 weeks to devliery exc. DSG recall.... taking it into 2019 until i get it if thats true! Will be cancelling if that is correct :(
Lol if there is a dsg recall then that’s literally tens of thousands of cars!!!

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Only new here so be gentle, was in the market for a vRS 245 and most if not all VAG EA888 engines (and a lot of other VAG engines) are to be modified to include a GPF to coincide with the new WLTP testing coming in September I believe. This has put a serious delay on nearly all orders placed recently, with some models unavailable to order, I couldn't even order a new Curpa ST here in Ireland either. According to Skoda CS they wont start taking orders for models with the new GPF enabled engine until August, I can only assume that the same delays are hitting Seat, VW and Audi. I haven't heard anything in relation to DSG issues at all and would suspect that any delays experienced over the summer are due to the changeover and the MY change to Week 31 rather than the traditional Week 22.

SamJL

May 15, 2018
i didnt want to ruin anyone day but i received a call from JCT600 seat to say its delayed by 12 week. i cannot find any other posts or news articles regarding the recall so maybe its the salesman trying to buy some time, im not sure.

He is going to call me tonight with more info

Lloydy44

Apr 22, 2018
i didnt want to ruin anyone day but i received a call from JCT600 seat to say its delayed by 12 week. i cannot find any other posts or news articles regarding the recall so maybe its the salesman trying to buy some time, im not sure.

He is going to call me tonight with more info
When did you order, what was your original lead time please?
I only ordered 3 weeks ago and was told 26 weeks which was fine but if it’s delayed further I will have it cancel

Reactions: Titchy

Bailer

May 15, 2018
Haven’t ordered one, Seat Ireland not currently taking orders but got the only ST 300 4Drive in stock, picking it up tomorrow, have never looked forward so much to collecting a car, looking forward to being a regular on here!

indyjones

Aug 14, 2017
Waiting on a call back from SEAT UK... Had an answer phone message saying there is a delay...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Edit:

Spoke to SEAT (both UK and dealer), there are no other delays effecting my order they just wanted to offer me a good will gesture as they still can't confirm a build week.

Last edited:

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
My order was placed on 14th Feb. Recently been told provisional build week commencing 4th June. Cupra ST manual without options.

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
Today 8.5.2018 Im receive call from Dealer that they receive message from SEAT that if we agree they can release car because is already build and can be delivered to Slovenia in 10 days. So I can probably have it in 14 days :) So cca. 2 months from payment/order at dealer to have it is not bad :)
First at order they said me that I will need to wait up to 6 months because Im order performance pack(19" alloys & Brembo brakes) and bucket seats...

Today Im receive new call from Seat Dealer that they yesterday receive car and is availible for collection. So on friday I will collect it(I don't have time before friday)...
So my total process has been like this:
Payment made 16.3.2018
Build date received 4.4.2018 (week 22 year 2018)
Build date confirmed 10.4.2018
Car builded and waiting to ship 8.5.2018
Car at dealer in Slovenia 15.5.2018
Collection of car: 18.5.2018

Total time spend from payment to collection is 9 weeks.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members